Author Topic: SEGA Mega Drive Classics HUB  (Read 11644 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
SEGA Mega Drive Classics HUB
« on: April 20, 2016, 03:49:49 pm »

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA Mega Drive Classics HUB
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 08:01:26 pm »
Wow.. Very cool indeed. At first I though it's just fanmade, lol.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 04:27:13 am »
So they are supporting Steam Workshop, I hope they do this right and let you import rom hacks... How awesome would that be? While Nintendo are going after even Youtube videos of romhacks that aren't even available to the public, SEGA going out and simply going yeah, play your hacks and heres a platform to do so!

Makes sense too, so long as you buy the vanilla game you can play rom hacks for said game, everybody wins.

I could just live the dream and spend the rest of my life playing different variations of Shining Force 2.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 04:29:33 am by Sharky »
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 12:06:13 pm »
You know, I've never actually looked at hacked classics before, but this has tempted me.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 06:33:18 pm »
SEGA has confirmed that the Steam Workshop support is for rom hacks: https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/723285810028642304

Holy shit

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 09:44:45 pm »
Is that THE matt from Tails' Channel? Holy smoakes.

Offline ElkPlaysAndPaints

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 11:16:08 pm »
This whole thing's got me excited. It's an update I didn't even know I wanted for a collection I already thought was notable for having the most games in any official Sega Genesis collection yet. Apparently, some people said the Sega Genesis Collection's launcher doesn't work well in Steam's Big Picture mode, which I never used, so I'm sure this probably fixes that and then some.

The Steam Workshop support for romhacks is especially interesting to me, as this makes Sega the first game company to embrace fanmade romhacks in an official collection of their classic games. That should make it a lot easier for people to get into them, at least for a few kinds of games. Now Sega just needs to add a couple more games to the collection. I'd suggest Monster World IV for one, since a translated version already made it to consoles, and if possible Castle of Illusion since the Genesis game was brought to PS3 alongside the remake anyway.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 03:45:30 am »
I have a problem with the current collection:

I bought some games outside Steam, and now I have to incorporate them manually. wtf
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 04:18:04 am »
I really hope SEGA goes BIG with this... The room feature is cool, it would be extra cool if you could customise the room and maybe have different room designs, swap out the colours, the posters and so on... Not that important but it would be sweet.

What I really hope they do is keep expanding the idea, adding more games and ultimately more consoles... Everything from Master System to Saturn and perhaps even Dreamcast all accessable from this HUB.

And OF COURSE really embrace the rom hack thing... Like make it easy to add or remove a hack to each game and make it easy for the hackers to upload a hack or submit them for review.
Made by SEGA

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 11:42:02 am »
Little patience please XD

Offline Tad

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 11:57:39 am »
I really hope SEGA goes BIG with this... The room feature is cool, it would be extra cool if you could customise the room and maybe have different room designs, swap out the colours, the posters and so on... Not that important but it would be sweet.

What I really hope they do is keep expanding the idea, adding more games and ultimately more consoles... Everything from Master System to Saturn and perhaps even Dreamcast all accessable from this HUB.

And OF COURSE really embrace the rom hack thing... Like make it easy to add or remove a hack to each game and make it easy for the hackers to upload a hack or submit them for review.

ohh, I like this! Imagine actually "opening" each console as you they get released too :)

Offline Tad

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 03:14:22 pm »
It's out tomorrow! Yaaay!

Offline Tad

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 02:03:15 pm »
Heh...this is sweet.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 05:44:22 pm »
I don't get how to put the mods into the game... I have Streets of Rage 2, I go into the HUB go to Mods and nothing appears. Do I have to add them manually?
Made by SEGA

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2016, 10:19:01 pm »
I'll be doing a review of this but I gotta say impressions are not positive. All I'll say right now is that it's extremely underwhelming compared to other games with similar front-ends. The emulation and optimization also leaves much to be desired.