Author Topic: The Misadventures of Tron Bonne (rare Mega Man spin-off) re-released on US PSN  (Read 5256 times)

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/05/06/misadventures-of-tron-bonne-now-available-on-north-american-psn-store

So this is kind of a big deal. This game has been pretty hard to find for a decent price, with people usually selling it for multiple hundreds of bucks. And now it's available on US PSN for just six dollars.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
I feel like this shouldn't affect collector's prices. I mean, surely ISO dumps were available for free this whole time too?

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
I can't wait to pick this up later.
I've been waiting forever to play this legitimately.

It's a bit odd that it wasn't posted on the PSN update yesterday though. Even weirder that the Playstation blog hasn't posted anything about it.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
nb4 anyone asks why not the actual Mega Man Legends games, it's a lisencing issue.

I'm pretty happy about this, it's always nice to see rare cult favorites with extreme prices find their way onto digital stores for those who like legitimacy.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
nb4 anyone asks why not the actual Mega Man Legends games, it's a lisencing issue.

I'm pretty happy about this, it's always nice to see rare cult favorites with extreme prices find their way onto digital stores for those who like legitimacy.

Ah, turn out it's licensing issue, I always wonder why.
I guess we'll never gonna have Street Fighter EX series too on PSN since some of the characters are owned by Arika.

Offline SOUP

I don't really buy it.
If they could release an HD release of Marvel vs. Capcom 2, I don't see why they couldn't find a way to resolve whatever issues they have.
The excuse that they can't make changes (ie: removing logos) to a ROM doesn't fly.

If I can play a Playstation ROM, that's had a translation patch applied on my PSP, I don't see why a similar thing can't be done in an official capacity. Or even cut out the voice acting if it's that much of an issue.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
I don't really buy it.
If they could release an HD release of Marvel vs. Capcom 2, I don't see why they couldn't find a way to resolve whatever issues they have.
The excuse that they can't make changes (ie: removing logos) to a ROM doesn't fly.

If I can play a Playstation ROM, that's had a translation patch applied on my PSP, I don't see why a similar thing can't be done in an official capacity. Or even cut out the voice acting if it's that much of an issue.

They CAN, but it's not worth the money it would cost is the issue, basically.

Offline SOUP

It's really too bad.
I managed to snag a copy of the first Mega Man Legends back in the day, but the sequel's always been way too expensive.
I'd just like a legit way to play it.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
I never understood the hype surrounding these games, i always thought they were terrible to be honest.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline SOUP

I never understood the hype surrounding these games, i always thought they were terrible to be honest.
Some big appeals are the personality and the characters.
It's kind of like Skies of Arcadia, with voice acting. Floating islands, upbeat atmosphere, high adventure... all that stuff.

They've actually aged pretty well visually compared to most 3D Playstation games. The models are pretty low-poly, but everyone's very expressive.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
I really liked this game when it came out, still have my copy I got on discount (since the game was a failure I got it pretty cheap).

Don't sleep on good games, bitches.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Lol, I tried em both, but never liked em. My bro's got really into these when they were releases, but I never understood the appeal. I may consider trying these again someday, now that I'm older.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Probably nostaglia for me. I didn't like the fact that the first Legends game never took advantage of the second joystick. Not even a re-release. I got used to it and growing up I refused to play Orcania of time. I found it overrated and thought Legends was superior.

- hipster issues.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
I'll get it...I never got to play this game =(

It's fairly cool in context

The Legends games were great at immersing you in the worlds you visited. There was always civilization, and when you were in a dungeon everything felt distinctly different. The combat is definitely weak by now but it was ambitious for its time

Probably nostaglia for me. I didn't like the fact that the first Legends game never took advantage of the second joystick. Not even a re-release. I got used to it and growing up I refused to play Orcania of time. I found it overrated and thought Legends was superior.

- hipster issues.

Because it is better. >=3

...well, maybe not. But a little more unique in the grand scheme of gaming history, I feel.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Chaosmaster8753

Neat that a game like this is getting a re-release, hope it doesn't disappear quickly.