Author Topic: SCEJA Press Concerence 2014 Sep 1st 15:00  (Read 8599 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
SCEJA Press Concerence 2014 Sep 1st 15:00
« on: August 30, 2014, 02:16:27 pm »
Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia has announced SCEJA Press Conference 2014, this year’s pre-Tokyo Game Show press conference, will be live streamed on September 1 at 15:00 Japan time (local times).
The event will play host to the latest information on PlayStation. Last year’s press conference saw the announcements of several PlayStation 4, PS3, and PS Vita titles including Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign, Natural Doctrine, Yakuza: Ishin, Phantasy Star Nova, Samurai Warriors 4, and more. Find last year’s news roundup here.
You’ll be able to watch it live here.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/08/sceja-press-conference-2014-dated-september-1#KcmVL4OjyELOlrq4.99

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
Re: SCEJA Press Concerence 2014 Sep 1st 15:00
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 03:32:21 pm »
I think this is the perfect opportunity for boosting the PS4 in Japan.
Games that could boost sales like FFXV and KH3 are going to be released in 2015, so they need to do 2 important things:
-Reveal new games for 2014/2015 that could engage Japanese audience.
-Make "connections" with  the already established PS Vita growing market.

Also, I think Sega has an exclusive JP IP for the console in the works...could be another AAA JRPG from CS3? A new IP or sequel not releated to the RGG series from CS1? Or could be an all around title from AM2? Only time will tell...and it will be quick.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 03:38:25 pm by Nirmugen »

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 03:58:42 pm »
15:00/3 PM is when it starts in Japan time. This is when it starts in other time zones:

Most of Europe: 8AM
UK: 7AM
US EST: 2AM
US PST: 11PM on Sunday

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 01:37:41 pm »
For those who missed the conference, you were probably lucky. Pretty boring like most Japanese conferences usually are, went on for a whole 2 hours too!

Lots of good Japanese games announced though. A lot of cross-generation, but gotta start somewhere. Really good announcements considering the state of the Japanese game industry on consoles.

Here is a list of games announced from gaf:

Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War & Nightmare PS4
Disgaea 5 PS4
Dragon Quest Heroes PS4/PS3
Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair PS4
Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force PS4
God Eater 2: Rage Burst PS4/Vita
Hot Shot Golf PS4
Persona 5 PS4/PS3
Resident Evil Revelations 2 PS4/PS3
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus PS4/Vita
Summer Lesson PS4
Ys PS4/Vita
Bloodborne PS4
Dead or Alive 5: Last Round PS4
DragonBall Xenoverse PS4/PS3
Guilty Gear Xrd PS4/PS3
Gundam PS4
Kingdom Under Fire 2 PS4
Let It Die PS4
Omega Quintet PS4
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 PS4/PS3/Vita
Onechanbara Z2: Chaos PS4
Resident Evil HD PS4/PS3
The Evil Within PS4
The Tomorrow Children PS4
Yakuza 0 PS4/PS3

Sony said at the end of the conference that they know the Japanese gaming industry is way behind and that they want to change that, and will be making bold and strong moves to help recover the Japanese game industry on consoles. I don't think they'd say such a thing if they didn't mean it. From the announcements shown it shows they are taking things quite seriously.

Also the Destiny bundle was announced for Japan along with a silver Dragon Quest themed PS4.

Nagoshi is proud to be a PS4 supporter it seems
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 01:40:48 pm by Will »

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 01:57:10 pm »
I watched all the conference and yup..mostly  it was boring until the surprises.
I don't know why PS4 is going to have many gamres with Dynasty Warrriors game mechanics..is because now is a popular trend or something?
Also, dat Yakuza and Persona 5 trailer, so great....
I see what Nagoshi did there...this game seems to use the same engine but, if it is like Ishin, the PS4 version is going to run at 60 FPS, a big seller point for marketing....
Also, I presume that the PS4 version and the soft delay of Persona 5 is because SS put more investment in the project (remember that all 4 new Persona games announced was being developed before the bought of Index).

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 03:24:50 pm »
I don't know why PS4 is going to have many gamres with Dynasty Warrriors game mechanics..is because now is a popular trend or something?
Musou games are becoming a pretty big genre, yeah. Omega Force is also making them all, so they're getting a lot of work. They're usually more successful in Japan than in the west (though I can see Hyrule Warriors being the exception).

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 10:15:11 pm »
Uhmmmm the Japanese game market is not behind it is perfected. The problem with the east nowadays is that they are unable to combat DLC. Because many people ( including people in Japan ) are able to do this; even some manga publishers are going wireless as well. With that in motion various industries in Japan are treathened.

To make a long story short. The east is not seeing the sales structures they had since they had dominated the market with the PSX. They also have to deal with the rising PC epidemic ( thanks to the X-box and Intel-Apple ) and the fact that consoles are not upgradable.

The player. Meaning the person who is alone ( like myself ) and just plays by themselves; is extremly aware. Then their was the last ten years of war. Where people had to deal with money problems and college. Many of the supporting fanbase are too broke to participate.

The new fanbase AKA the new mobile teenagers ( the 10-20 year olds ) are not only practicing playing games without consoles but they do not care. Personally as a person who wants to make games but is lacking the ability to push for low-level programming. Nobody really cares anymore. We have computers that we could turn into consoles and even earlier Japanese machines that was the first original consoles.

That fanbase is now looking at cellphones, and anything that they could afford.

To make things worst is the originalism of the market itself. The Japanese perfected 3d on the PSX/Saturn days. Making anything in full 3d seems bland, lame, and unimportant. Take all of the clover/grasshopper games that have been released. If these games were 2D wonders the gameplay machanics would probably be the same thing. That is said for the PSX where most of the 3d games are as good as it will get from Japan itself.

All the Japaneseness fled from Japan and is now in the hearts of Americans, Westerners, and other non-Japanese eastern nations. Japan is outdone and out licked when it comes to a market outside of the internet. AKA the old way; make a game, promote a famous maker ( Miyamoto ), release the game in big amounts; sell to importers. Port the best selling games to the west. Make a big profit.

Now that same profit is being fought over by people. With social media it is becoming more and more difficult to make something great and keep it a secret.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 10:56:36 pm »
That Dragon Quest PS4 bundle... If there's anything that can make me buy a PS4 its a DQ game, but there's no way this makes it Stateside.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 01:44:08 am »
Hard for me to get excited for PS4, I'm not getting one for 400 right now for sure. Maybe at 300 in 2016.

Also I would pay 400 for a DQ bundle tho in the US :)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 09:43:04 am »
Sequelitis (and mostly for the modern Japanese gamer).

Some games I do find interesting, but it seems that Japan is doubling down on sequels and not really trying to produce anything remotely new any more (bar Bloodbourne).

Touhou has me excited, but then I realised it's just fangames of the series, which is kind of....weird.

Like I said though, I find some of the games interesting, but it tailors to the modern Japanese crowd and not really much for Western gamers who love Japanese games. (Ys is interesting, but where's the new JRPGs or obscure IPs that rise from the dead?)
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 10:11:51 am »
Hard for me to get excited for PS4, I'm not getting one for 400 right now for sure. Maybe at 300 in 2016.

Also I would pay 400 for a DQ bundle tho in the US :)

I know, just look at this...

It's beautiful.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 11:52:25 am »
Meh it is okay. A rather it be an PSX then a PS4. It is more like Candy made to lure out purchasers. They know the moment a person is able to purchase an PS4; they will start buying games. I am not for DLC at all. So if I have an PS4, I do not want to input any piece of my name or attach etc to etc Id at all.

I am looking forward to Drift Stage on an PC. A PS4 is more like an last resort thing for me at all. I mean so much candy here and there; but so many disappointments.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:09:16 pm by RegalSin »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 11:53:28 am »
I mean so much candy here and their but

Candy in their butts?

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 12:50:07 pm »
Candy in their butts?

Thank you SO much for the mental image...

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 02:07:05 pm »
The best thing about that photo is that the sega logo is in the centre of the screen and the stage is decked in blue...as well as Nagoshi obviously being the only guy who stands out....