Author Topic: ELLENICA: DUSK OF THE GODS - New Ultima-style RPG in development  (Read 3049 times)

Offline McValdemar

• Total Meseta: 0
Hi there,
just wanted to bring to your visibility the game I am coding for MegaDrive.
It's a game I was building for PC but then decided two months ago to redirect to my beloved console with the help of SGDK.
Struggling a bit to squeeze everything in a cartridge but work is progressing nice.
If you have any question, feel free to ask.
Regards :)

https://youtu.be/l53CUQZwAFc

Online Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: ELLENICA: DUSK OF THE GODS - New Ultima-style RPG in development
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 06:52:51 pm »
Nice, visually it's very good looking.  :-D
So about the combat system...
Is it turn based or action ?

Offline McValdemar

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 02:11:25 am »
Exploration, interaction, etc.. is all realtime.
Like in Skyrim you press "START" and access to the menu to also check quests, map, items, use/equip them and see stats.
But you can engage (or get engaged) in combacts where the game switches into a Advanced Heroquest/Final Fantasy Tactics mode.

• Player turn to move (accordingly to speed stat). Positioning yelds bonus to attacks like rear or side attacks.
  • Player turn to use action points for actions (one/more hits, usage of items, defensive stance, etc...)
  • Enemies turn.
  • Loop until or all enemies are killes/player killed.
  • End of combact yelds items, gold, experience.
  • Eventually level up to impact on stats more luck in rolls of dices, more basic damage, more life bar, more capability of moving, etc...

Online Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 02:18:07 am »
Exploration, interaction, etc.. is all realtime.
Like in Skyrim you press "START" and access to the menu to also check quests, map, items, use/equip them and see stats.
But you can engage (or get engaged) in combacts where the game switches into a Advanced Heroquest/Final Fantasy Tactics mode.

• Player turn to move (accordingly to speed stat). Positioning yelds bonus to attacks like rear or side attacks.
  • Player turn to use action points for actions (one/more hits, usage of items, defensive stance, etc...)
  • Enemies turn.
  • Loop until or all enemies are killes/player killed.
  • End of combact yelds items, gold, experience.
  • Eventually level up to impact on stats more luck in rolls of dices, more basic damage, more life bar, more capability of moving, etc...

Thanks for the xplanation, McValdemar.
Wish you the best for the development of this game.
Would love to play any demo soon.  :-D

Offline Sega Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 11:13:54 am »
This looks so COOL!!!  Back then I never had Ultima, but I did play a trilogy of similar games called EXILE.  It has nothing to do with the Genesis game of the same name.  The first of the trilogy was called Escape From The Pit.  That's about all I can remember from it.  That and you could customize a bunch of party members and have any class you want, at the cost of food and gold.  Thieves could pick door locks, clerics could heal, ect.  It would shift day to night and visibility would shrink when it got dark.  You could keep finding more food lying around like Castlevania to keep going, but unlike Castlevania it was required or else you'd go hungry and die.  Enemies would also seem to randomly attack you on the overworld, but you could be attacked in the villages too.  For instance, you could attack someone and have knights chase you down.  You could also talk to literally everyone in the game to get every little piece of information, even name and background.  It was an INSANE amount of detail.