Author Topic: BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO  (Read 9284 times)

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO
« on: August 12, 2018, 03:29:32 am »
Does anyone else miss when you could make it a Blockbuster night? I hate Redbox and Netflix for taking away one of my favorite stores.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 03:33:13 am by Spock »

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 07:58:31 am »
It was sort of ritualistic at least traditional to visit your local rental store and pick out a tape or DVD to enjoy with friends or family.

But with the right home setup any night can still be movie night.

My brother set my mothers computer up to work with a projector and we covered the wall over the fireplace with a white sheet of cloth. Now whenever we feel like a movie night we simply put on the projector, turn off the lights, download a movie or find one on YouTube and simply watch it full screen on the projector.

Not as good as a genuine cinema but it is next best thing.

Also, I myself don't have a computer monitor. I'm on my PC, browsing the internet with my HDTV which is better than a cramped monitor.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 08:02:52 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 06:35:23 pm »
Blockbuster is > Redbox because at least I could get more variety of movies and video games. My local Blockbuster had over 500 movies and games, while Redbox has like... 20?

Netflix is a little better than Blockbuster, but it still has two negative flaws about it. I can no longer order food and movies at the same time. I also have to imagine what the back of the movie/game looks like rather than going there and physically picking the movie up from the shelf to look at it.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 10:05:28 am »
What I hate about redbox is when you search for video or game stores, they appear on map apps. That's like vending machines showing up when I am searching for restaurants.

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 11:44:11 pm »
What I hate about redbox is when you search for video or game stores, they appear on map apps. That's like vending machines showing up when I am searching for restaurants.

I have never actually used Netflix, but I can agree with this as far as the main problem I have with Redbox.

Barry, do you think Netflix is better than what Blockbuster used to be?