Author Topic: Is Sumo Digital working on a new Sega All-Stars Racing? Presentation Slides Leak  (Read 4395 times)

Offline parallaxscroll

• Total Meseta: 1

More of the leaked Sumo Digital 2017 presentation slides, and discussion on ResetEra.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumour-sumo-digital-2017-presentation-slides-leak.19751/

Backup gallery of the slides here: https://imgur.com/a/Uumax

If it happens, I'd be all over a 3rd Sega All-Stars Racing game, especially on PS4 Pro or Xbox One X

..And maybe even Switch.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
Oh Awesome. The last one was soooo good! Killed way too many hours on it. Legit hyped for this.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
It's 100% possible, and yet 0% confirmed. I love these kinds of rumors, because its more than a rumor.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Wasn't there an article about this on the front page... err, main site? Whatever you call it? And then it was updated with Aaron Weber's tweet that this isn't SART? And now it's gone? In any case, the rumors seem to be persisting. Apparently a toy manufacturer has let slip that they are making toys for a new Sonic racer.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Wasn't there an article about this on the front page... err, main site? Whatever you call it? And then it was updated with Aaron Weber's tweet that this isn't SART? And now it's gone? In any case, the rumors seem to be persisting. Apparently a toy manufacturer has let slip that they are making toys for a new Sonic racer.

Do you have a link to that source?
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Do you have a link to that source?

This one :

http://segabits.com/blog/2018/01/30/sumo-digital-working-on-unannounced-karting-game-is-sonic-sega-all-stars-racing-3-in-the-works/

Another source :

SEGA PR and social media manager Aaron Webber has come forward to shoot down the recent rumors that a new entry in its kart racing series is on the way.

"Hi guys – saw rumors floating today about another SART game. Just wanted to confirm it's not a thing," Webber said in a post on Twitter.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/30/sonic-sega-all-stars-racing-developer-seemingly-working-on-new-karting-game

https://www.destructoid.com/toy-makers-add-fuel-to-sonic-all-star-racing-speculation-486473.phtml
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:17:59 pm by Berto »

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Also if it's true, probably it's a racing game with Sonic Boom character for mobile,
since sales of Sonic Boom toys were good.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Sonic Boom Kart would actually be enjoyable... not a game I am asking for, but I think if they translate the TV series humor and visuals to a game and the gameplay is solid it could be fun.

A modern Sonic kart racer with no SEGA presence would really suck though.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
This sucks.

I can't believe how little respect SEGA has for it's franchises.
Look at the potential this could have achieved.  Polishing the already great mechanics of Transformed, adding more IPs from both SEGA and Atlus.  Making a title that truly resonates with both Hardcore and Casual gamers.

...Instead they make a Sonic-only kart racer.

Just look at the lost potential...

Same with the PlatinumGames deal... They halt development on Bayonetta 2 and Nintendo comes and sweeps this great franchise out of their hands.

Being a fan of this company is not healthy..

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
I'm hyped and actually happy it's focused on Sonic again. I mean it was cool to get a Sega tribute game but I think that would be better applied to a fighter than a racer.

Offline Kuronoa

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Segalization
I would miss the Sega characters a lot Sega just has to market this carefully. They have to be clear this is its own thing and maybe try and design it away from what the first two racers established.

Eventually Sega should do more things with Sega IPs, we shouldn't have to wait for the next crossover to see Jet Set Radio, Alex Kidd really almost everything.

That said I would be happy if it means they can expand on what to see in Sonic content and theme the gameplay completely in Sonic's favor.
1. Sonic themed items.
Actually, would be cool if they use shields and their abilities. Covers defense and you can play it smart.
Fire = a fire based speed boost that attacks opponents/badniks, Bubble = able to drive without speed loss in shallow water, Lightning = attracts rings.

2. Obscure and retired characters like Fang and Mighty

3. Large variety of Zones brought back not just the usuals I want to see a Game Gear zone like Sunset Park.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:49:35 pm by Kuronoa »