Author Topic: Potential Projects  (Read 2941 times)

Offline NiGHTSDrEAMS

• Total Meseta: 0
Potential Projects
« on: November 14, 2017, 10:02:09 am »
I was doing some reading on Wikipedia on the engine that they use to make Sonic Mania and I found out that Whitehead is looking to remake some classic SEGA games such as Ristar, Knuckles Chaotix and Dynamite Heddy. Hopefully SEGA will let him proceed with this project due to the fact of how great Sonic Mania is.

This also makes me wonder that if they let him re-create these games, if they would allow him to make news games with SEGA's existing ip's such as Shinobi, Vectorman, Ecco, etc. This way SEGA just isn't reselling the same game but giving their old ips new purpose.

Any thoughts?     
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 10:44:55 am by NiGHTSDrEAMS »

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Potential Projects
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 06:13:19 pm »
I was doing some reading on Wikipedia on the engine that they use to make Sonic Mania and I found out that Whitehead is looking to remake some classic SEGA games such as Ristar, Knuckles Chaotix and Dynamite Heddy. Hopefully SEGA will let him proceed with this project due to the fact of how great Sonic Mania is.

This also makes me wonder that if they let him re-create these games, if they would allow him to make news games with SEGA's existing ip's such as Shinobi, Vectorman, Ecco, etc. This way SEGA just isn't reselling the same game but giving their old ips new purpose.

Any thoughts?     

No matter how much I love them, I do realized Ristar and Dynamite Headdy aren't popular enough.
They were released when gamers were already anticipating 32 Bit games.
Shinobi or Sonic (again) are more likely.

Offline NiGHTSDrEAMS

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Potential Projects
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 08:52:57 am »
Yeah but what's getting me hyped is that if they let him take control of remaking these games, SEGA could have a decent comeback. Plus who knows what else they can come up with if they do these projects and it really takes off.