Author Topic: SONIC REIMAGINED  (Read 5254 times)

Offline Spinejackal

• Total Meseta: 0
SONIC REIMAGINED
« on: April 12, 2017, 08:46:35 pm »
Wanted to start my first post where I can share a concept that I was thinking could be cool In reimagining Sonic if ever given the opportunity from SEGA.

Everyone has an idea for a video game, Im always interested in sharing ideas as
I don't see many of them on the net.
As we know Sonic is always in a interesting spot in the industry where he is loved & hated by many. We can at least admit that if too many disappointing entries over years sadly, hurt the series overall lucky Sonic is pretty tough.The Sonic Franchise has a very complicated lore thats doesn't always add up.My idea would have to be a it's a opportunity to create a strong hybrid. SEGA has all this material from games & cartoons
Its all GOLD if u ask me and it's really a shame that they don't mine it when writing the Sonic games, honestly as a fan to see borrowed elements from all Sonic media injected into a game would be a treat.

THE STORY AND WORLD

I also always felt Sonic Adventure was the start of the decline of the brand having Sonic a cartoon character walking around a real world Earth with humans was so visually jarring no matter how much they tried sadly it just doesn't mesh. The original games have a beautiful and vibrant art design, keeping this is the way to go when showing the world of Mobius.I believe If a reboot to ever be successful it has to have a simple story that anyone can follow while bringing recognisable elements not currently being told in the current games.
My personal favourite & only pick is the tragic story with Uncle Chuck becoming a enslaved Badnik under Eggman's control. This one plot line sets up so many things
  • The main quest and the ultimate goal that your always thinking about while navigating
  • Power Shoes. .
  • Reason to take down Eggman
  • Sonic's Attitude
  • Open to add really anything
  • Emotion ( 1 thing Sonic Team has tried a few times but just never quite achieved in there stories )
THE GAMEPLAY

Sonic has been gifted the most abilities and options for locomotion of any platformer created from ur very first step all of his trademark moves would be available to experiment with.

Each zone would have to be huge open levels with a general direction for flow but be wide and varied with room for massive set pieces, playground for bosses to chase/race, hidden collectables, traversal obstacles, low/mid/high alternate paths that can take you off the beaten path to secrets and smaller tighter areas.

Rings collected would be a currency that is used when using some of Sonic's more advanced abilities. e.g. breaking through rock 

SONIC'S DESIGN

I grew up with the classic version of Sonic but I have no hate towards the modern look either as long as his dark blue and his shoes red and white ( that can be customisable with multiple variations). I couldn't care less.... he moves way to fast for me to really take notice  ;-D

Regardless of preference with Sonic as long as he is readable in motion to the environment and enemies

Down below Sonic is a mix between classic with shorter looking spines than Adventure but he still retains all the modern charms.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:02:36 pm by Spinejackal »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: SONIC REIMAGINED
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 07:28:42 am »
Original idea, don't steal.
Made by SEGA

Offline Spinejackal

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 08:17:32 am »
Be Great if you could elaborate plz ?? Sorry if it's yours  :-[ 

Ive just wanted to point out a plot line that explains a lot of things that is never explained like ever in old cartoon that I re-watched with my son looked it up defiantly under Sega and not any Archie writers, that gives sonic motive to take on Dr.Robotnik save someone that he cares about besides a damsel

Making large open worlds for sonic to run around and do his thing with all his natural ability established in the games isn't exactly a new concept Sonic moves as speed faster than racing games kid needs space I've seen fan mods where its pretty open and a unreal 4 demo that had sonic moving across great distances breath taking truly.  Like obviously I'm not the only 1 that has thought of this as Sega Fans even yourself have thought of a cool way to bring something back. 

When they came up with original content that was from a miss read document and a happy accident which was accepted worldwide just not Japan which had Sonic living on planet Mobius which was pretty cool, a timeless place for Sonic's adventures with that beautiful art style they developed and this was to me canon but oh SEGA JAPAN like we fucked up in translation for years our bad its just earth It was like a slap in the face. it's their cartoons. comics and characters expanded and they can't  take elements at all.
Sonic is around but nostalgia   

why couldn't any of these type of concepts be developed by Sega in house

Surely Sonic Team sees the same things I do on youtube but yet every realise theres always another gimmick, something to do with chaos emeralds, eggman releasing some ancient being thats transparent and a base colour like seriously standard as always 

new games this year

Sonic mania - a super remix thats looks dope but a remix with 2 new zones. - pre-ordered

Sonic forces/ generations 2 - super safe went with the only gimmick left that hasn't got a tidal wave of hate - been stung since SA1 will hold

Maybe this wasn't the right site to post on  :-\

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:21:37 am by Spinejackal »

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 08:59:54 pm »
My personal favourite & only pick is the tragic story with Uncle Chuck becoming a enslaved Badnik under Eggman's control.

About Uncle Chuck.. This kind of storyline's sure could bring more new plot and emotion.

The problem is SEGA of Japan is never using chars from the cartoon and Archie comics.
The only game ever using them is Sonic Spinball, but it's because that game's made by non-Japanese members of STI from SEGA of America.

Also that kind story is may be considered too..... dark.
It suits more in Sonic RPG like Sonic Chronicles than in the main Sonic game.
In The Lost World, they had a chance to make more interesting story about Robotized Tails, may be Sonic vs Tails.
But no, Robotized Tails only last for a minute. They don't want Sonic's story to be dark.

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 09:45:39 pm »
About Uncle Chuck.. This kind of storyline's sure could bring more new plot and emotion.

The problem is SEGA of Japan is never using chars from the cartoon and Archie comics.
The only game ever using them is Sonic Spinball, but it's because that game's made by non-Japanese members of STI from SEGA of America.

It suits more in Sonic RPG like Sonic Chronicles than in the main Sonic game.
In The Lost World, they had a chance to make more interesting story about Robotized Tails, may be Sonic vs Tails.
But no, Robotized Tails only last for a minute. They don't want Sonic's story to be dark.

I think they just hate the american continuity as a whole.  Look at all the games with satam characters they cancelled.
Be like water.

Offline sonicsmash

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 06:51:29 am »
I like the idea, it's quite interesting:)

Offline Spinejackal

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 10:36:49 pm »

They don't want Sonic's story to be dark.

SEGA realise that dark elements could work they just don't know how to do them properly e.g. Shadow with a gun ( which is stupid ) but they were trying to be dark and edgy and it didn't work. They buckled and went super kid friendly which alienates older fans Sonic is 25years old, his fans aren't all  8 years olds. If they need inspiration look at Disney & Pixar which I'm sure they do but its not the character designs or the fluid animation its the emotional storytelling those movies can be real dark, and they don't show violence/gore but elements that pull on the heart strings - Thats why Uncle Chuck works his not dead/dying his just a robot

I just find It so strange and maybe we will never know but I think thats why a lot of sonic fans are divided in general nothing is consistent and when a brand is fractured like this how can anyone be satisfied, it's impossible SEGA needs to do this go through what works not just in games but in all media. Sonic doesn't know what it wants to be, a Mascot or a Character. when he didn't talk and was a sprite he was a mascot no real personality just a cheeky grin and sly eyes once u give him a voice he has to be a character with emotion and personality they still haven't captured it.

Take Sonic Forces setting looks awesome Robotnik takes over the world with his empire laying waste to the world and Sonic starts a resistance, sounds familiar doesn't it  ;)  but if sonic acts like its all care free and all good it will take you out of the experience hopefully I'm wrong because Sonic did look pissed ( which is good ) emotion makes a character. 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:38:26 pm by Spinejackal »

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 01:44:08 am »
Take Sonic Forces setting looks awesome Robotnik takes over the world with his empire laying waste to the world and Sonic starts a resistance, sounds familiar doesn't it  ;)  but if sonic acts like its all care free and all good it will take you out of the experience hopefully I'm wrong because Sonic did look pissed ( which is good ) emotion makes a character. 

Yeah, Sonic really does look pissed.
I love to see Sonic's making a clinched fist, holding an anger.
It's an Anime-like.. But that way... you could really feel how he holds his anger.

Offline Spinejackal

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 02:25:10 am »
Yeah Sonic pissed is cool it shows another side which doesn't get explored often giving him emotions is what makes him a character, You want him to care about other things than just running. Hopefully Sonic Team has learned and make Sonic have range.

Unlike his rival at Nintendo Sonic actually has a pretty detailed bio which explores his personality. in all modern games its seems they latch onto the carefree aspect too much.

Sonic is driven by his own strong sense of justice, he usually Explodes with anger witnessing unjust acts, throwing his life on the line without hesitation.

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 09:16:45 am »
Yeah Sonic pissed is cool it shows another side which doesn't get explored often giving him emotions is what makes him a character, You want him to care about other things than just running. Hopefully Sonic Team has learned and make Sonic have range.

Unlike his rival at Nintendo Sonic actually has a pretty detailed bio which explores his personality. in all modern games its seems they latch onto the carefree aspect too much.

Sonic is driven by his own strong sense of justice, he usually Explodes with anger witnessing unjust acts, throwing his life on the line without hesitation.

Which is why I cannot stand modern sonic at all.  And for me Satam was never too dark.  There was balance back then in the story.
Be like water.