Author Topic: SEGA to publish Motorsport Manager to PC, Mac and Linux  (Read 3698 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
http://segabits.com/blog/2016/05/18/the-sega-manager-family-grows-with-motorsport-manager-releasing-to-pc-mac-and-linux-in-2016/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUsRRIzY9HU

What do you all think? While not SEGA developed, I do think it is cool to see the Manager family grow. Sort of reminds me how Power Smash was retitled Virtua Tennis in an attempt to expand the family of Virtua games. Game itself looks solid. Who knows, maybe SEGA will buy Playsport Games if the game is a success?

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: SEGA to publish Motorsport Manager to PC, Mac and Linux
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 11:27:28 am »
Awesome news and looks ace . I love the F1
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 11:39:34 am »
As I noted on the front page article comments, I haven't previously been interested in the Manager titles, but this looks pretty cool. The graphics showing the aerial view of the race look cool, and having read the cnet hands-on, it sounds like there's a lot of depth. I'm going to give this game a try when it comes out.

Offline MykonosFan

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 12:10:37 pm »
Neat way to flesh out the Manager brand. I'm way more into arcade-style driving games than simulation, but I might keep an eye on this.

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 06:34:32 pm »
It seems really a high quality addition to the line-up of management games that already stands out for its excellence.

Personally it can also be a reason to return to embrace the passion for F1 that I do not follow for several years now.
SEGA STYLE

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 06:48:10 pm »
More Excel games.

Exciting stuff.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 09:12:32 pm »
While I'm not into sports, at all... I have heard it's a good well polished game.

SEGA Europe have a really good position in the PC market these days and are now some of the leaders in Management and RTS games. Don't care much for management but always loved RTS. Now if only SEGA were doing point and click adventure games like Monkey Island...
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 09:40:21 pm »
While I'm not into sports, at all... I have heard it's a good well polished game.

SEGA Europe have a really good position in the PC market these days and are now some of the leaders in Management and RTS games. Don't care much for management but always loved RTS. Now if only SEGA were doing point and click adventure games like Monkey Island...

They sort of tried with The Cave but that didn't really go anywhere. But yeah, I'd love to see SEGA publishing or developing some point and click games.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 11:25:14 pm »
If they do, I'd advise them to look at Daedalic entertainment for how to get into the adventure game market. DE have done a fantastic job of finding indie studios that make these gamee and working with them. Adventure games do sell well, but they need to be well thought out and the puzzles need to be logical. Something that sadly went with games like Grim Fandango, Monkey island and other Lucas games.

The Broken Sword series and Anna's Quest are prime examples of how to do it right.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 11:27:14 pm by Tad »