Author Topic: PSO2-PS4 (General help and Q&A)  (Read 6118 times)

Offline Breadarms

• Total Meseta: 0
PSO2-PS4 (General help and Q&A)
« on: April 21, 2016, 04:59:38 pm »

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 (PS4 VER)

This thread will be devoted to people's experiences playing the PS4 version of PSO2, the aim here is to develop a better understanding of how to navigate the games infrastructure and learn from each other's personal experiences so we can all enjoy this game on the PS4 as people have done on the PC, I wouldn't have thought that a tweaker launcher for the PS4 would ever be a possibility, not in a legitimate framework anyway, so with that in mind it's fairly concrete to assume that those who play this on PS4 will forever be stuck with Japanese as their only language option.
 I downloaded the game on the 20/04/2016 from the Japanese PSN store via a japanese account that I made on my EU PS4, I currently play the game via this account and I also share this one SEGA ID across the PC/Android and PS4 versions of PSO2, I own a fairly higher  than mid spec PC and the game plays really well, likewise the PSO2 ES version plays absolutely fine on my Sony Z3, never owned or played the VITA version of PSO2 so personally can't comment on that, does look good though from what I've seen.
 Having made a separate SEGA ID account for the purposes of experimenting I found that with this account I could not link it to my EU PSN account, having since downloaded the game digitally via my Japanese account I tried registering that particular SEGA ID to my EU PSN account and it would not get past the login page, I wanted to do this so I could have access to the Playstation Trophies on my normal account but seems it's not possible at least from my experience with the digital PS4 version, I've heard some people have managed to log in to the game via their USA PSN accounts who have imported the Japanese physical release Blue ray, not sure how much truth there is to this but that's what I saw people saying over at Neogaf on release.
 if anyone has any questions on my experiences so far then fire away, likewise feel free to air your own thoughts.

Thanks, Breadarms.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 05:16:49 pm by Breadarms »

Offline Breadarms

Re: PSO2-PS4 (SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 05:09:49 pm »
There is also two more things I would let people know before making a SEGA ID account, first you should know that once you have linked a PSN account to this ID then there's no going back, unfortunately there appears to be no way of unlinking this account once you pass through the registration process on either PSV or PS4 so choose wisely, second is that if your linking your pre-existing SEGA ID accounts that you used on PC then you will find yourself hitting a brick wall in the form of some Hiragana and a box for you to enter an 8 digit code into to verify the account legitimacy, after you try to log in to the PS4 servers, this wall is basically the game asking you to check your linked email account to that particular SEGA ID so I hope you haven't forgotten it, it might have been 4 years since you set that email up, I'm saying this as I ran into this problem and it took me ages to figure out what exactly I was meant to do, hope this helps some people.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: PSO2-PS4 (General help and Q&A)
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 08:19:01 am »
Well since this ps4 version co released with a huge graphical update for the PC version, I decided to try it out again. Visuals do really add to the atmosphere of each environment. Needless to say, other than that its still the same game.

Offline Breadarms

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 06:22:47 pm »
Yeah looks great doesn't it? I play ffxiv on PS4 and while the scope isn't as impressive, I find the visuals are more attractive, might be that framerate that does it!

Offline Breadarms

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 05:13:21 pm »
Update on western accounts playing this game, apparently if you set your Japanese account as the PS4s primary account then you will be able to play pso2 via your north American account, provided you haven't already linked your Sega Id to your Japanese account like me.......oh well they're only trophies

Offline Breadarms

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 09:18:13 am »
Just an update regarding PSO2
 You can play on your western accounts, provided you have made that particular PS4 your PRIMARY console via the account settings in your japanese PSN account, I've just realised this and had to make a new SEGA ID and start again, I linked this SEGA ID to my EU PSN and had no problems from there, I also continued to link the same account to my PC version of PSO2 so all good.
My Character is Laguna Hando if anyone would like to add me on there :)