Author Topic: Competition  (Read 3314 times)

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
Competition
« on: November 19, 2015, 11:20:33 pm »
If Sega can't compete with other companies, then why can't they release better games? Nintendo already made the mistake of child based games only. Why does Sega have to do the same?

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: Competition
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 03:15:09 am »
If Sega can't compete with other companies, then why can't they release better games? Nintendo already made the mistake of child based games only. Why does Sega have to do the same?

I don't get what you said.
Phantasy Star Online 2, Shining Resonance, Total War, Footbal Manager, Alien: Isolation, and Yakuza series are definitely NOT child based games.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 03:17:08 am »
And the reason Nintendo is failing isn't because of their games. It's because of their gimmicks and lack of third party support.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 06:00:52 am »
And the reason Nintendo is failing isn't because of their games. It's because of their gimmicks and lack of third party support.
This. Nintendo has been failing in the home market since the Nintendo 64, it's lack of third party games and the cartridge "gimmick"
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 06:36:16 am »
This. Nintendo has been failing in the home market since the Nintendo 64, it's lack of third party games and the cartridge "gimmick"

I do wonder if Nintendo did actually stop making home consoles, if they'd go the way of Sega mind. I remember one of the mods on here ages ago saying he felt Sega fans branched off into certain Sega titles only once they stopped making consoles. I think he/she was onto something there. Of course, it didn't help when Sega had certain titles only available on certain hardware.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:38:48 am by Tad »