Author Topic: Sega Europe: "We're definitely on the right track"  (Read 2273 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Sega Europe: "We're definitely on the right track"
« on: October 01, 2015, 01:48:57 pm »
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-09-30-sega-europe-were-definitely-on-the-right-track
"Alien: Isolation 2 is not out of the question, because we're so proud of it and there's possibly more to be said. But do we really want to be spending verysignificant amounts of money, and getting close to break-even or just about in the black? That's not where Sega wants to be, when we have a brilliant portfolio of other games that do great business."

Found this to be quite interesting if anyone has the time to read it. Especially the last portion about a possible Alien Isolation Sequel. Sounds like if it ever happens, it won't be for a long time. SEGA seems to be interested in the low risk high reward initiative right now..

Was gonna post the full thing, but i have a hard time with the format of this site.. sorry..
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: Sega Europe: "We're definitely on the right track"
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 04:47:49 pm »
I see that George just posted an article in regards to this on the main site. Glad the post helped. =)
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Sega Europe: "We're definitely on the right track"
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 06:03:42 pm »
I'm glad he said this stuff.  People need to be aware that just breaking even isn't a desirable business model.  And that with next gen AAA games, even just breaking even has never been more difficult.

Sad that 2 million copies wasn't even enough to turn a significant profit.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 06:06:16 pm by Radrappy »