Author Topic: What happened to The World End Eclipse?  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
What happened to The World End Eclipse?
« on: May 28, 2015, 07:59:39 pm »
SEGA Announced it for PC, Vita and Smart phone with cross play between all systems at TGS 2014. It's a new game by the Valkyria Chronicles team and from the brief gameplay looked quite interesting... I haven't seen anything about it since, has it been cancelled?
Made by SEGA

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
Re: What happened to The World End Eclipse?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 08:15:21 pm »
Because that game get so much spread of word last TGS, all the versions were put in works and Sega push the release to this year.

What they showed was the Mobile Version and now they aim to improve that.

Someone that I trust and know who reports  and knows the JP gaming news told me that.

The Developers want this to be the next big MMO that the Online R&D./PSCrew are going to do after PSO2.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 08:49:37 pm »
If that footage was really from the mobile version that's impressive, If someone told me it was PS Vita gameplay I would not have argued. Glad to hear it hasn't been cancelled.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 07:37:05 am »
Was this a browser game or something? I do vaguely remember this, I wonder what happened to it. I guess it's just in development for a while.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 07:56:52 am »
Was this a browser game or something? I do vaguely remember this, I wonder what happened to it. I guess it's just in development for a while.

PC, Vita and Mobile by the developers of Skies of Arcadia, Valkyria Chronicles etc. It was supposed to be coming out last year, I'm sure of it!

The story takes place hundreds of years after the apocalypse, which was brought about by colossal fighting dragons that all killed each other off, the humans are rebuilding their kingdoms on the carcases of the dead dragons. Presumably because that's the only place where there is fertile land left on the planet.

Here is a brief look at (apparently mobile) gameplay on this video, it starts at 19:25:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk7wEMTjX-E
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 07:59:16 am »
PC, Vita and Mobile by the developers of Skies of Arcadia, Valkyria Chronicles etc. It was supposed to be coming out last year, I'm sure of it!

I thought it was only just revealed last year? Either way, doesn't sound like my cup of tea, but I am interested in being proven wrong, and seeing more on how it plays. Looks like it's turn based, but it's hard to tell exactly what it's like from the short footage.

Offline Draikin

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 01:18:09 pm »
The official website was updated a few months ago, mentioning May'n will be singing the game's main theme. It lists the game for a 2015 release. If the game was delayed to improve it, that can only be a good thing.