Author Topic: Sega confirms no E3 booth this year  (Read 37165 times)

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
Sega confirms no E3 booth this year
« on: May 04, 2015, 09:10:24 pm »
Via Gameinformer

We have some bad news for Sega fans (and, especially those holding out hope for a Shenmue announcement at E3). The company has confirmed to Game Informer that it will not have its own booth at the show next month in Los Angeles.
Sega will be teaming up with some of its partners, though. So you might see titles at booths belonging to platform holders or PC partners.
“Over the next months, SEGA of America will be focusing on the restructure and relocation to Southern California, and we have decided to not attend E3 with our own booth this year,” a representative told us via email. “With the majority of our bigger titles launching later in 2015/2016, particularly those from our AAA studios Relic Entertainment, Sports Interactive and Creative Assembly, we are concentrating our efforts for some of these major announcements after our relocation. Instead, we will be collaborating with our various business partners for this year’s E3 show.”

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Sega confirms no E3 booth this year
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 02:09:49 am »
Well at least we know for sure now. It seems to be a busy year for SEGA's restructure. I was thinking about how they wouldnt be able to push things effectively in this state. They lost a lot of people who'd usually do promotional stuff. Sonic boom also happened at a similar time alongside e3. Anyone know if we'll see that?

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 02:58:37 am »
Lets face it, SEGA like Konami will all but soon pull of out of the games market for consoles and just be bit part player with the odd title here and there , while they focus on mobiles. 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 03:30:22 am »
Lets face it, SEGA like Konami will all but soon pull of out of the games market for consoles and just be bit part player with the odd title here and there , while they focus on mobiles. 

except at least Sega is somewhat of a joyous company within the japanese market and has some goodwill towards their fans, while Konami is the complete opposite

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 03:35:16 am »
except at least Sega is somewhat of a joyous company within the japanese market and has some goodwill towards their fans, while Konami is the complete opposite

Sadly I think more Japanese care about what the likes of GungHo get up to these days. Face it bar the odd game here and there its pretty much over for SEGA as a games player .It's really sad to see and its nothing to do with E3 but the direction of the corp 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 03:40:54 am »
TA is like that crazy guy in every town, shouting about Sin and Hell and the End Times and generally being depressing as fuck. Mademan is his mini-me.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 03:47:21 am »
TA is like that crazy guy in every town, shouting about Sin and Hell and the End Times and generally being depressing as fuck. Mademan is his mini-me.

I'm simply saying it as it. You might be happy for SEGA to go down the Mobile route I am not and that's the clear direction SEGA and Konami are going in . The thing that's really depressing is SEGA Japan output and seeing this once amazing developer be reduced to Mobile .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Trippled

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 03:54:15 am »
Sadly I think more Japanese care about what the likes of GungHo get up to these days. Face it bar the odd game here and there its pretty much over for SEGA as a games player .It's really sad to see and its nothing to do with E3 but the direction of the corp 

Well if Sega was just there for pure profit in the JP market, Yakuza would have stopped after the PS2 games, 3D Classics would have never get made, and Sega would have shut down everything but their mobile games...

In the end, yes it is sad that Sega has pretty much given up on the western market, with a presence. But really their E3 has been worthless since 2013 really.

I'm simply saying it as it. You might be happy for SEGA to go down the Mobile route I am not and that's the clear direction SEGA and Konami are going in . The thing that's really depressing is SEGA Japan output and seeing this once amazing developer be reduced to Mobile .

Well their mobile games wont be at E3 anyway, so nobody can be dissapointed

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 04:55:21 am »
3D Classics would have never get made, and Sega would have shut down everything but their mobile games...

They make money, hell even Atari games for 30 odd years ago make money . Tell you this much 20 years down the line people won't be paying money to play SEGA current ouput on their mobiles or Handhelds and if  the next Yakzua game doesn't sell better than I think it wil be the last one we see, or it will go mobile.

Well their mobile games wont be at E3 anyway, so nobody can be dissapointed

And you can't even import them either . Like I say to many gamers SEGA will be bit part player

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Trippled

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 05:23:04 am »

They make money, hell even Atari games for 30 odd years ago make money . Tell you this much 20 years down the line people won't be paying money to play SEGA current ouput on their mobiles or Handhelds and if  the next Yakzua game doesn't sell better than I think it wil be the last one we see, or it will go mobile.

3D classics on 3DS isnt just a port, but yeah.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 07:28:07 am »
I see it's time to make conspiracy theories again.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 07:32:36 am »
I'm fine with seeing them at other Publisher booths if the money saved is going to something worthwhile.

I'm just hoping for a retail release of Yakuza 5.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 07:51:32 am »
IMO Sega of America really should just do anything with "business" partners. I guess except the Sonic social media marketing.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 08:11:28 am »

I hardly think that's fair. Sega IS slowly pulling away from the console market for one thing, I don't think you can argue that. Why do you think they aren't at E3? Because they have nothing to show.

As for me being TA's 'Mini-me', hardly.
TA thinks that Sega should be investing more in consoles and big budget games, whereas I think Sega is making all the right moves in downscaling their release schedule and focusing on stuff like mobile phones in Japan.

As much as I hate cow-clickers like Total War Battles: Kingdom and have zero interest in mobile phone games, I think Sega is doing the right thing business wise by focusing on them. Why make Binary Domain 2 and risk millions in development when you can make much safer money by using your IPs for Freemium Apps that cost next to nothing to make and potentially bring in millions?

At the same time I won't pretend I enjoy any of those games, and I've always been honest about that.

I also still enjoy Sega's PC output (although they are mainly franchises I enjoyed before Sega bought them), I'm the only one on here who actually plays CoH2 for example, and I'm cautiously excited for Warhammer. I also need to play Ayyy LMAO Isolation soon.

I'm fine with seeing them at other Publisher booths if the money saved is going to something worthwhile.

I'm just hoping for a retail release of Yakuza 5.

It's nearly unbelievable we're getting a translation at all (thanks to Sony), I doubt we'll ever see an English retail release. It's just not worth the money.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 08:13:17 am by MadeManG74 »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 08:28:36 am »
I was joking dude, you bust my balls all the time. Learn to receive what you give! ;P
Made by SEGA