Author Topic: Five Nights at Freddy's  (Read 2927 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Five Nights at Freddy's
« on: April 28, 2015, 04:46:38 pm »
So i keep hearing about this game and how scary it is, but i no nothing about it.. What kind of game is it? Why do people like it so much?

I've looked the game up, but i cannot figure out wtf this game is about.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: Five Nights at Freddy's
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 09:55:10 pm »
It's a point and click adventure game in which you play the part of a security guard working the nightshift at various incarnations of a specific restaurant where the animatronics come "alive" and it is your job to survive each night from 12 AM to 6 AM. How you do this is accomplished differently in both all games and depending on the Animatronic(s) that you face.

The scares are mostly from suspense from their movement patters and ultimately when they manage to get you. 

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 06:44:23 am »
Correct me if im wrong. Perhaps the game is more complex than that. But from what i've seen it looks like the type of game you'd see on newgrounds or random flash game websites back in the days. I mean most of those games have become apps in mobile phone stores, so I already know how popular they can be. But is Five Nights at Freddy's actually a good game?

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 11:10:09 pm »
Most flash game are static. Playing through them differently usually doesn't lead to different results(other than maybe a higher score). FNAF antagonist study your habits every night and react accordingly.

In the first game it is them, the camera, the power supply and the doors that you have to worry about.
The second there is no door, but you are still limited on power and this time they can crawl through vents and disable your character which in most cases is a game over.
In the third, you no longer have to worry about power or a flashlight, but the electrical systems are faulty, will fail and you will need to reboot one or more of them at any given time, on top of having to keep the animatronic away from your hallway.

It is a point and click yes, but it simply isn't clicking here and there for results, it is about developing patterns, and strategy in order to combat increasingly aggressive AI, not becoming predictable but having to anticipate your enemy's moves in return.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 12:01:27 am »
I think it's a pretty great series, having never actually played one myself. I'm horrible with horror games, like sob uncontrollably bad. I typically just listen in on what the fanbase is saying and watching a let's play or two.

I will note, that for me, the second and third games weren't nearly as scary as they were just tense. I could make it through the let's plays I watched with them without a break, but when I tried the first game, from the same group no less, I couldn't get through a single part without my anxiety getting the better of me.

I'm more into the story and lore and easter eggs than I am the gameplay, honestly.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 08:34:09 pm »
Point and click, eh? Never thought those games would make a comeback. I've always loved point and clicks since I first played Space Quest as a kid. I think I'm gonna give this a chance though, I'm a huge horror game fan too.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 11:50:49 am »
It's Night Trap with jump scares.
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 11:54:25 am »