Author Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Official Teaser (with actual story)  (Read 22659 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
This was shown a day ago at a iMAX event, it is no online after some blurry crappy versions made it online. Now you can enjoy, see Ben in the suit and him as Bruce for the first time. Seems that they are playing the whole 'Superman seen as a God' aspect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwfUnkBfdZ4

edit: I guess this is a teaser to the iMax event, which will show a longer trailer than this one. This is to tease... ticket sales? Talk about milking the hype.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:19:25 pm by George »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Hmmmmm it's got potential, I'm not sure i like the the keeping with the GRIMDARK aspect and Superman being FALSE GOD and all that. It's a bit Injustice for my tastes. I'm still not sure why they felt the need to make it Batman vs Superman as the first film instead of them teaming up.

On the other hand, if this is all Lex Luthor's doing, then it's brilliant. It suits Lex perfectly that he would try to turn the populace and Batman against Superman by making him out to be dangerous and a overall damaging to humanity. It's quite perfect come to think of it. I'll see how it pans out.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Hmmmmm it's got potential, I'm not sure i like the the keeping with the GRIMDARK aspect and Superman being FALSE GOD and all that. It's a bit Injustice for my tastes. I'm still not sure why they felt the need to make it Batman vs Superman as the first film instead of them teaming up.

On the other hand, if this is all Lex Luthor's doing, then it's brilliant. It suits Lex perfectly that he would try to turn the populace and Batman against Superman by making him out to be dangerous and a overall damaging to humanity. It's quite perfect come to think of it. I'll see how it pans out.

Shame Luthor is being played by Jesse Eisenberg, doesn't really have the physic for the villain I feel.

Didn't like his line in the trailer either, he seems a bit too "young" for the speech.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
I like the Batman suit, probably the best live action suit yet.

Aside from that, it looks like more of what I didn't like about Man of Steel. Oh well.

Offline George

TimmiT not liking a non-marvel movie? I'm shocked.

Also, a few notes on the trailer, when Superman goes in the bunker the solders have a Superman sigma on their coats, making me believe that Superman actually has an army.

As for them fighting, they have fought when they first met plenty of times but always settle their differences and team up. Avengers, even tho they did 5 movies to tease the team up used this mechanic in the first one.

Another note they used 'v' and not 'vs', v is usually used in court and I think its to simulate the fact that Batman and Superman have different ideals that clash
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 02:14:33 pm by George »

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
Hey man, I liked the Dark Knight trilogy, and the Batman animated series is one of my favourite comic book adaptations. But I just see Man of Steel and a lot of what I see in this teaser as trying too hard to be dark and gritty. Not that being dark and gritty is bad, but it's just dull when it's done badly.

I mean, seriously, FALSE GOD?

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor? Lololol
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline George

You don't think there will be people thinking Superman is a god? There are people that believe some dude named Jesus that walked on water, turned water to wine was a God and they never saw him. Imagine one day some dude flies around, saves the world, is basically immortal out of the blue?

Something that Marvel never even touched on, glad someone is and it is something that is touched upon the comics.

I don't think the religious bit is 'grim dark', I don't think you even know what that means.

As for Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor, I will wait till I see him to reserve judgement. They said the same shit about Heath Ledger as Joker, laughing him off as a pretty boy actor.

Who knows, he has the face structure to pull it off.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
Are you really comparing what people believed back then to now? Because conditions are kinda different. For one, information about what Superman actually is would be widespread.

Anyway, maybe this'll be like the last Ben Affleck superhero movie where we'll get a much better TV show adaptation by people who actually know how to adapt the comics well a decade after the movie comes out. :V

Offline George

This God story is part of the DCU mythos, so why not instead of 'whining' and talking about how they don't know comics, why don't you go read them yourself? Because the only person that doesn't know anything seems to be you.

The DCU mythos have played big on the whole 'Men among Gods' phrases, I mean for fucks sake they released a game called 'Injustice: God Among Us'. I don't see that as being 'grim dark' because its part of Superman comics and general opinion of the character. I think in this situation you don't understand what grim dark is, its when they adapt something and make it 'grim and dark' when it isn't. There is nothing 'dark' or 'grim' about the words 'False God', its a statement.

Hey, you might dislike Zack Snyder but he has made a few of the best adapted comics to movies including Watchmen and 300. If you dislike his style, fine, but saying its a bad adaptation because of 50 seconds of footage is laughably bad and just shows your pathetic Marvel loyalism. I think a lot of people agreed that Man of Steel was shot really well and his directing behind the camera was well done, especially the fighting scenes. I think the general opinion was that the story needed work and so they got a new screen writer.

As for you not thinking there would be a population of people that would think someone like Superman (an alien that came from the sky that can fly, shoot heat beams, saves people) wouldn't be thought of as a God is weird. Like, it seems that you don't talk to many people.

Find it puzzling that you talk about 'grimdark' then mention Daredevil Netflix show as a good example of where DC should take these movies? Daredevil on Netflix is the definition of Grimdark. Daredevil in the comics didn't torture people, heads weren't slammed off of bodies. They went over the top, now that is grimdark.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 10:02:55 pm by George »

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Official Teaser (with actual story)
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 10:32:52 pm »
Alright I'll give you that, I'll try to reserve my judgment as well.

Seriously though, TimmiT read Superman: For Tomorrow, religious tone, yet really damn good. One of my favorite Superman runs ever.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 06:42:22 am »
A good comic book adaptation doesn't just mean adapting everything that happens, it just means making something good based on the source material. You don't have to read comic books to know if a Batman or Superman movie is good or not. And come on, I even said that being dark and gritty isn't bad, it's just dull when it's done badly. Daredevil was an example I gave of it being handled well. Not on it adapting the source material well.

Me liking the MCU a lot doesn't have much to do with me thinking this movie is shit. I'd love a DC movie universe done well, but I'm not liking the direction it's going in. Bruce Timm's DCAU is a great example of it done well I think.

And I'm not judging the full movie based on one teaser trailer. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised by this, but I'm not going to expect it to be any good based on that trailer and Man of Steel.

Also:

Because the only person that doesn't know anything seems to be you.

but saying its a bad adaptation because of 50 seconds of footage is laughably bad and just shows your pathetic Marvel loyalism.

Like, it seems that you don't talk to many people.
How about you stop treating me like an idiot when all I did was say an opposing opinion about superhero movies. :|

Offline George

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 11:29:22 am »
Just that what you dislike makes no sense. You don't like that Superman is 'treated as a god figure' and don't see that people would see a alien that came from the sky, that can fly, is immortal and moves super fast as a 'god'. Like, I don't even know if your joking or just want to dislike a movie for the sake of disliking it.

Facts are we don't know the story, I don't see much people can hate on it. As for its not a good adaptation for following some of the biggest award winning stories.... then you don't know what a good adaptation is. The thing that boggles my mind is that your comparing a 50 second teaser of a trailer (This is just a teaser of a trailer that will play at iMax) to a 13 episode Netflix series. Come on.

Just saying, not much logic there.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 12:10:46 pm »
Just that what you dislike makes no sense. You don't like that Superman is 'treated as a god figure' and don't see that people would see a alien that came from the sky, that can fly, is immortal and moves super fast as a 'god'. Like, I don't even know if your joking or just want to dislike a movie for the sake of disliking it.
I don't think that in this day in age, there'd be that many people who'd seriously think that. Because now it'd be possible for everyone to know what Superman is. Like, the only way you wouldn't be able to know is if you'd be completely isolated from current events that are going on.

Then again, there are people who don't believe in global warming, don't vaccinate their kids, still think that GamerGate is about ethics etc. so maybe you have a point there.

Facts are we don't know the story, I don't see much people can hate on it. As for its not a good adaptation for following some of the biggest award winning stories.... then you don't know what a good adaptation is. The thing that boggles my mind is that your comparing a 50 second teaser of a trailer (This is just a teaser of a trailer that will play at iMax) to a 13 episode Netflix series. Come on.

I was never comparing Daredevil to Superman v Batman, I was using it as an example of dark and gritty done well. While Man of Steel (and the little I've seen from this teaser trailer) just reeks of trying too hard to be dark and gritty to me. Which is what I meant with FALSE GOD. It's just trying so hard to make Superman as this dark and serious character who has people divided against him with imagery like that.

And I'm pretty sure I didn't say that a movie is bad for adapting an award winning story. I said that you don't need to have read the source material to know if a movie or TV show that's based on it is good.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:30:44 pm by TimmiT »

Offline George

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 12:28:05 pm »
Right.

Anyway according to Batgirl comic writer Gail Simone, Wonder Woman plays a bigger role than a cameo in this movie and is really well done. But who knows, might be to 'grimdark' cuz shes the Amazon God of War.

My only worry is how they are going to fit all this into a  2 hour movie. Its hard to do and hard to care about all the new characters at the same time. Amazing Spiderman 2 failed due to all these plot points and Avengers 2 having 3 new characters (that no one cares about).