Author Topic: New Japanese Yakuza Interview - Yokoyama discusses JSR and Yakuza connections  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/031/1031187/

The cloth store owner who Sega did a collaboration with on Yakuza 0, appearently knows the Yakuza developer (Yokoyama) from 15 year ago.

What I could tell about the section of the interview  that was about Jet Set Radio:

Yokoyamas first year at Sega, was planner on Jet Set Radio.

Jet Set Radio was announced at a club? Could be understanding wrong...

Connection of portrayals of Japan in JSR and Yakuza.

Jet Set Radio staff was very much the "first" generation of todays Yakuza staff.

Wish someone could translate the interview...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
An interview translator is somebody SEGAbits desperately needs. I would love to front page stuff like this with a full english translation, and dig through my old books and magazines for other SEGA interviews to be translated.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
An interview translator is somebody SEGAbits desperately needs. I would love to front page stuff like this with a full english translation, and dig through my old books and magazines for other SEGA interviews to be translated.

Upsidedownfuji could be of help...he did things for Kori-maru once I think.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
He's been MIA on the forums for quite a while, but likes just about every Facebook post of ours. Maybe I'll talk to George about reaching out to him.