Author Topic: SEGA's Reply to Kotaku  (Read 5336 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
SEGA's Reply to Kotaku
« on: March 04, 2015, 04:05:43 am »
I've just read it and SEGA's reply is bothering me.
Why didn't they just admit that they're not gonna publish it instead of keep saying "delayed..delayed..delayed..."

Fans Plan to Release Phantasy Star Online 2 So Sega Doesn't Have To [UPDATED]
Link : http://tay.kotaku.com/fans-plan-to-release-phantasy-star-online-2-so-sega-doe-1677001975

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
Re: SEGA's Reply to Kotaku
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 08:32:09 am »
Because that's all the PR is allowed to say.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 09:14:02 am »
The only think I can say about that is there is something fishy around that game and I know some source that doesn't want to tell me that deal for some reason.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 12:02:22 pm »
I don't know what SEGA are up too, but if I was in charge of SEGA West, I would have looked at Vanilla PSO2 and gone... 'no.' the game just didn't have enough content. I personally hoped they were holding off until the game had enough content to keep Western gamers satisfied. I think at this point that IS the case, so who knows.

But I will say if they finally do announce PSO2 for the West and it's just the vanilla PSO2 from 2012 it will be fucking ridiculous. I know a lot of the added cross promotion costumes and shit will be left out and that's fine, so long as we get the new bosses, levels, quests and so on...

In a perfect world the western arm, whoever runs PSO2 from the West will be allowed to add their own cross promotions to the game, that appeal more to Westerners, like maybe WarHammer costumes or The Witcher or something...
Made by SEGA

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 02:05:49 pm »
Well, when gumi released Chain Chronicle, it was the vanilla version but in later updates they manage to mix the new chapters and system changes in order with events that are avaible in Japan at the same time with minor changes excluding cross promotion.

Yes, Vainilla PSO2 could be average if they don't update it in at least 2-3 weeks after release with 1+ or the double of the content that the original update in JP had and continuing that method, but I know for a realiable source that PSO2 is not released in the West because of other things than fear for below average results, content and bad reception/brand damage. I repeat,  it's something fishy.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 02:09:52 pm »
I'm almost 100% sure SEGA Japan signed an exclusive deal without saying much to the Western branch with Playpark. The Asian company boosted about it being the first English version of the game when it was announced and stuff.

More of 'us vs us' attitude at SEGA. I might be wrong, but I wouldn't be shocked if true.

Offline SuperSonicEX

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 08:57:13 pm »
if it is Playpark having an exclusive deal, would there even be any chance left for the West getting a release?

Offline Jumbomax

• Total Meseta: 2
  • Keep Dreaming...
    • My Deviantart.
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 09:32:16 pm »
*Facepalm* That's all I can say.

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 05:25:23 am »
if it is Playpark having an exclusive deal, would there even be any chance left for the West getting a release?

Depend when the exclusive deals' expired time then. What I hate is "IP block implementation" since the playpark's version come up, so most of us having hard time to play the Japanese version again (and having to start from zero with Playpark's version is tiring).

Offline DreamsDied13101

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Dreams Died on 1/31/01
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 10:58:27 am »
I keep holding out hope that we get an announcement of PSO2 for PS4 in Japan and then we finally get the game in the west.

I could see Sega not wanting to release the franchise on VITA (where it would suffer low sales), they don't want it on PS3 because it is the exiting console. So if SOJ had been working on a PS4 version then they could wait until it released in Japan first (because SOJ would send ninjas to kill people if it didn't get released in Japan first). The PC version of PSU never did well compared to the 360 version so I could see why they are waiting for a console to move units and subscriptions.

Offline Jumbomax

• Total Meseta: 2
  • Keep Dreaming...
    • My Deviantart.
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 12:21:29 pm »
So if SOJ had been working on a PS4 version then they could wait until it released in Japan first (because SOJ would send ninjas to kill people if it didn't get released in Japan first).

Heh heh, Too true. :))

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 06:50:34 pm »
Yeah this is pretty old.

The South East Asian version is already moving towards Episode 2, by the way.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!