Author Topic: Rumour: New Virtua Fighter underway & Sega working on Sony Exlusive  (Read 7548 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Based on some Jap(anese) guy on NeoGAF:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144519589&postcount=178
1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

2. Superman is looking to make his triumphant return to video games, in a non-fighting game this time.

3. New Virtua Fighter game to come.

4. Good news for some PC MGS fans, there are plans from the top to bring the HD collection to PC. Not that anyone isn't expecting that, I'm sure.

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point. As is one of the older Dragon Quest titles in HD (I've genuinely forgot which number though since it's been a while). In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

6. For you, thou shall bring a Xenosaga HD collection. I'm also looking forward to this as I've never played them. Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby.

7. You will start to hear about digital revivals of some old IPs in the next one to two years. Playstation and otherwise.

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

Now for more something which is what you would say is a tease but actually makes perfect sense:

11. New game - braced by some music video about BOnnie and CLyde (Bonnie and Clyde game? Could be good, could be a train-wreck). [edited heavily by mademang]

12. An Old game - braced by some music video about a not very good rapper (Diddy, so it's probably about Apes. Not being racist, I'm referring to the video game character Diddy Kong, who I believe is a type of ape) [this also edited heavily by manmadegt]

We should have news on all of the above over the coming 2 years I'd think. There's one or two "twists" here and there where one may not like what happens, but it's all true. I honestly think this is going to be an amazing generation.

NeoGAF has already boycotted the new Virtua Fighter because it promotes violence against women, and has boycotted the Sony exclusive because only 22% of Video Game Developers are women.

I'm still planning to try out a new VF, you know, maybe it'll be good.

The Sony exclusive is clearly Shamnoux Tres, it's going to be exclusive to Sony Ericsson cell-phone telephones and is loosely based on SNK's dating game sims. Yu Suzuki has stated he's "Excited...Tennis game was fun"

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Rumour: New Virtua Fighter underway & Sega working on Sony Exlusive
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 05:59:18 am »
This guy has a bad reputation on insider hints so I'd be wary of trusting him.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 06:30:26 am »
you shouldn't get your hopes up regarding any rumor anyways. things change. Verendus seems to like to talk about crazy stuff thats still in early planning. i guess he likes to watch gaf get their hopes up. If he was making things up, he would be banned by now. GAF doesn't allow fake insiders. The only time he ever got banned is when he trolled XBOX fans a bit too hard one day. Back in 2013 he did mention that Sony was in a partnership with SEGA and other Japanese developers, so, take that as you will. He seemed to have been right about that.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 06:39:31 am »
fanficGAF is suckage!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 07:43:12 am »
I'm not getting my hopes up, but VF6 seemed likely even before this guy cropped up, especially with Revision B coming for Final Hoedown.
I hope by the tone of my post you could tell I'm taking it with a grain of salt anyway...

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 08:10:07 am »
Not directed at you Mang, just people being hopeful over nothing.

Interesting to see how Virtua Fighter 6 will perform.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 09:07:51 am »
Whatever they do, I hope they keep it true to VF. We don't need Tekken style shenanigans with supers, Rage mode and other nonsense. It won't pull in any new fans, but definitely scares away the existing fanbase.

If anything, they should make it pure 3D fighting, classic VF style to try and steal away the disgruntled Tekken and Soul Calibur crowd (As well as everyone getting sick of Capcom).

I also like how vague the Sony rumour is. Any Sega game that comes out exclusively on the platform in the next two years could be 'OMG PROOOOOOF'. It's definitely 100% Chenmoo Trios, though.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 10:21:46 am »
I think it's fair to assume we'll eventually get a new VF regardless of this guys authenticity. I too hope it sticks too its roots and doesn't try to go flashy or anything. Although a robust character creator mode would be awesome.

I haven't been keeping up with the fighting game scene, how come TEKKEN and Soul Calibur fans are disgruntled?
Made by SEGA

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 11:23:22 am »
Even if this rumour is fake, it is true that Makoto Osaki is working on a new game that'll at least be on a Playstation platform: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=957112

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 12:09:12 pm »
Even if this rumour is fake, it is true that Makoto Osaki is working on a new game that'll at least be on a Playstation platform: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=957112
It could be linked to the new Virtua Fighter game or Hatsune Miku.

And this

Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

Shenmue HD?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 12:10:48 pm by Kori-Maru »

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 12:41:39 pm »
Verendus teased Yakuza: Ishin! around the time that the PS4 was announced (Summer 2013)

Tread carefully. Though Virtua Fighter 6 is definitely coming and we know that Sony's Third Party Productions has tried to move something Shenmue forward

edit: now that I remember, around the same time stated above Verendus said that Sony secured two IP's as exclusive to PS hardware. for reference.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 01:11:56 pm by inthesky »
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 04:08:54 pm »
I think it's fair to assume we'll eventually get a new VF regardless of this guys authenticity. I too hope it sticks too its roots and doesn't try to go flashy or anything. Although a robust character creator mode would be awesome.

I haven't been keeping up with the fighting game scene, how come TEKKEN and Soul Calibur fans are disgruntled?

New VF seems likely, considering the fact that it did well enough for Sega to support 3 Sega Cups in the west and the coming Ver. B update for Final Showdown (Which seems to be just 'turning off' net functionality for the title).

As for a character creator mode, I would personally prefer they keep to the custom objects rather than go full create-a-character mode. It would be pointless for arcade mode and online play since nobody would allow it for competition, so it would be relegated to a bonus mode and I doubt anyone would buy the game for that if they weren't already planning to buy the game.

The customisation mode allows you personalise your character without ruining balance (character size is important for hitboxes, and you still know your matchups even if the characters are different), and I like that even though you can alter the characters they still retain core features of the cast.

As for Tekken/SC: Tekken 7 is introducing a lot of stuff that flies in the face of what Tekken is at it's core. The biggest I can see in Tekken 7 is something called 'Rage Arts'. It's like super moves from Street Fighter and it's really not fitting of the Tekken formula I think. Other things like strange character choices (Lucky Chloe and Catalina (who I believe is a mash character or some nonsense?)). They are basically trying to add empty flash that's not going to win over the SF/Marvel crowd but just drive away the existing fans.
Soul Calibur has been on a downward slope for a while. SCIV was a train-wreck, especially with the Star Wars characters, and V also included 'super moves' and Ezio from Soul Calibur. I don't know much about SC but I think V wasn't particularly well recieved. Not to mention there just hasn't been a SC for ages so I'm sure the fans are wanting a new game.

Closest competition in terms of style is probably DoA, which is kind of like a bootleg VF but has more exposure (pun not intended) and they are even releasing it on PC next year, the first 3D fighting game to get this treatment in a donkey's age.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 05:29:46 pm »
I'll add on just a little bit

Yeah though TTT2 was well received by fans it sold...modestly, as I recall. Now as I understand it some of the new characters are making kinda pronounced deviations from conventional arts styles (started noticeably with Lars and Alisa, could maybe make the argument for Lili and Bob too) and of course whack new mechanics

Soul Calibur V received a bit of backlash for the removal of roster staples for replacements with arguably less charm, like Natsu instead of Taki or Leixia instead of Xianghua. Xiba instead of Kilik/current edgemaster? is one of the worst offenders. Generally the newer characters werren't received well. Also some unique characters/weapons like Talim and Zasalamel were taken out. In general, the development of SCV was quite troubled; there was some heavy lobbying internally to get SCV off of the ground (Harada was part of it) as SCIV was set to be the last entry even though they kept plans for another game "just in case." The development was revealed to be pretty rushed per demands of higher-ups. Features were hit and miss; online and character creation were good but story mode was lacking (half of the chapters, you play as Patroklos/Alpha Pat) and there are unnecessary roster choices like Kilik/Elysium (stupid idea!). All things considered, the game sold fairly decently, around like 1.5m WW.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2014, 05:25:00 am »
Verendus teased Yakuza: Ishin! around the time that the PS4 was announced (Summer 2013)

Tread carefully. Though Virtua Fighter 6 is definitely coming and we know that Sony's Third Party Productions has tried to move something Shenmue forward

edit: now that I remember, around the same time stated above Verendus said that Sony secured two IP's as exclusive to PS hardware. for reference.

So did I in this forum. Most of these rumours are old hat or no brainers. VF is being worked on..Well no shit sherlock..the sega/sony exclusive game that he's talking about ben around for 18 months...
Its more of a chance to see the first game from the atlus/sega alliance than that particular game...especially since Atlus is a good commodity for Sega right now when it comes to any potential IP crossover or IP resurrection..

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 08:15:25 am »
Its more of a chance to see the first game from the atlus/sega alliance than that particular game...especially since Atlus is a good commodity for Sega right now when it comes to any potential IP crossover or IP resurrection..

If that turns out to be true, I wonder who will promote that in the West. Sega? Atlus USA? Sony?

I don't think much of Atlus developer strengh is benefitial to Sega, outside of Atlus USA being able to cultivate their fanbase.