Author Topic: TW: Attila - Release date and Scummy business practices  (Read 4362 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
TW: Attila - Release date and Scummy business practices
« on: November 24, 2014, 01:28:24 pm »
Strategy game Total War: Attila launches on 17th February 2015, developer Creative Assembly has announced.If you pre-order the game you get the first downloadable content for free alongside the game on release day.
The first DLC is called The Viking Forefathers Culture Pack, which adds three additional playable factions to the game: The Danes, The Jutes and The Geats. These Norse factions have their own land and naval units, missions and traits.
The DLC will also be sold separately for £5.99 / €7.49 / $7.99.
Meanwhile, there's a special edition of the game, which contains a few extra items, including The Attila The Hun Biography, written by Nic Fields, and a reference guide poster.There's a new video, below.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-24-total-war-attila-release-date-announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRqWw6_gKag

DAY ONE DLC, AVAILABLE BY PRE-ORDER

FUCK THIS COMPANY.

Discuss.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: TW: Attila - Release date and Scummy business practices
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 01:55:27 pm »
Pretty big turn off. CA seems determined to outdo Bethesda.

First it was Empire's "Elite Units"
Then it was Shogun's "Blood pack"
Now entire factions Starting with Rome 2.

I'll be honest in saying I wouldn't really care for separate faction DLC if CA handled it like they did the Warpath Campaign DLC in Empire.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 03:55:06 am »
Day one DLC is the norm now... It's a free pre order bonus. Would you prefer they wait 3 weeks and pretend like they hadn't already made it before launch and NOT give you the option to have it free? Because that's also the norm.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:13:11 am »
Day one DLC is the norm now... It's a free pre order bonus. Would you prefer they wait 3 weeks and pretend like they hadn't already made it before launch and NOT give you the option to have it free? Because that's also the norm.

An entire faction is now a 'pre order bonus', what a fucking joke.

No, I wouldn't prefer them to release it a week after launch, I would prefer them to have them unlockable through playing the game like it was in Rome 1 and other TW titles instead of this bullshit.

I wouldn't mind if it was aesthetics or a soundtrack bonus for pre-order, but not an integral part of the game.

Also, as if I'm going to pre-order this after the clusterfuck that was the entire first year or Rome 2.

RIP Total War series. Say hello to all the other Sega IPs in the afterlife for me.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:41:14 am »
Yeah I'm siding with Mang on this. I absolutely hate the fact that we have so much preorder nonsense these days and even if it's the norm, I expect better from companies before I hand over my cash. Knowing I'd have to pay for extra content is a bitter pill to swallow.

It's bad form but everyone is still buying the game, so me backing out of these practices will have no overall effect or Electronic Arts and the like wouldn't have gotten away with so much and ended up being so big.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 11:18:55 am »
Welcome to the future of videogames, its happening. It's not even the worst thing I've seen or even close.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 11:57:24 am »
Welcome to the future of videogames, its happening. It's not even the worst thing I've seen or even close.
It's pretty shit, thankfully there are still good publishers and developers out there. CDProjekt are one of the last bastions of good in the industry. It's really just sad to see Total War going this direction, it's really turned me off the franchise to the point where I wouldn't even buy Rome 2 on special. This is a series I used to preorder and count the days for new releases.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 12:49:36 pm »
I'll just wait for the inevitable complete edition/offer of the game. CA has really been wearing my patience down since Empire. Bugs can be forgotten, CA fixes those...but content like this is just garbage.

Redo the tech tree, add significant new game altering content to these faction packs, or don't charge for them. End of CA.