Author Topic: Sega in the media...New Hi☆sCoool! Sega Hard Girls fighting Virtua Fighter  (Read 14508 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/10/01/sega-blast-processes-some-hiscoool-preview-pics

A few new screen shots of the Sega anime show Hi☆sCoool! Sega Hard Girls shows the characters in action...a few shots have them fighting Akira and Jeffery from VIRTUA FIGHTER 1....as well as meeting MUSHI KING...

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
I hate the title... But it looks pretty funny. Im assuming its a comedy. never know with Japan.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
I hate the title... But it looks pretty funny. Im assuming its a comedy. never know with Japan.

Comedy? This is an intense war drama that explores the morale amongst average citizens during the horrors of World War II. Just because it's represented in somewhat of an abstract way doesn't mean it's not obvious.

Pah, why do they even bother with us dense westerners is beyond me!

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
The Artstyle for the Manga is better I feel...

Offline ROJM

Japan is getting too much Sega love at the moment...They get this anime show, a celebration of Sega basically..and were getting SONIC BOOM....says a lot doesn't it...

Offline The KKM

• Total Meseta: 0
The Artstyle for the Manga is better I feel...

the fuck is this osamu tezuka-ass ripoff art

and why is it not being scanlated

Offline ROJM

the fuck is this osamu tezuka-ass ripoff art

and why is it not being scanlated

::)

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
Japan is getting too much Sega love at the moment...They get this anime show, a celebration of Sega basically..and were getting SONIC BOOM....says a lot doesn't it...
We're getting this anime as well through Crunchyroll, so I don't see how this is a Japan only thing.

Offline ROJM

We're getting this anime as well through Crunchyroll, so I don't see how this is a Japan only thing.

Its made for a japanese audience...
2 The cruchyroll deal came way after i made that comment
3 there's more than one cartoon/anime sega related that's being made
4 Sonic boom compared to this..no real comparison.

So stop being a cleverdick by making a comment on something i said on a statement that came WAY before the crunchydeal was ever announced.Geez..

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
Watching the first ep now. This is easily my new favourite animated anything. Soooooo many Sega jokes!!

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
Sooo good. This got legit Lulz outta me from start to finish. Great show, but man, does it ever make me wish for a new Sega console though.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Tried watching an episode... Couldn't stomach it. Too new age, cute Japanese for my taste.
Made by SEGA

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
Tried watching an episode... Couldn't stomach it. Too new age, cute Japanese for my taste.

Oh it's horrendous and anyone telling themselves otherwise is crazy. That said, I had the biggest fucking grin the entire time based on how in-your-face Sega it was. I'll end up watching the rest and I'll enjoy them for the nostalgia factor of course but damn is it horrible.

Offline ROJM

Oh it's horrendous and anyone telling themselves otherwise is crazy. That said, I had the biggest fucking grin the entire time based on how in-your-face Sega it was. I'll end up watching the rest and I'll enjoy them for the nostalgia factor of course but damn is it horrible.

I agree with Sharky..i hate modern Anime..but the reasons Mengels 7 said is the reason alone to carry on watching the entire series.SEGA!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Animation is poor, and the plot is paper thin, but the SEGA reference overload is gold. I'd never say this is my favorite anime, at most it's along the lines of a weird Adult Swim cartoon.