Author Topic: Confirmed..Crowdrive funding project will include Sega Ips...  (Read 4868 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Confirmed..Crowdrive funding project will include Sega Ips...
« on: October 02, 2014, 08:00:08 am »
http://www.techinasia.com/goopa-anipipo-crowdrive-fuji-tv-sega-networks-gaming-crowdfunding-funding/

The people behind Crowdrive the new crowd funding project to fund video games spells out their atentions for the whole japanese only project...it spells out it will focus on mobiles at first but will go to consoles...then this little tidbit...

The new relationship with Sega Networks will also open the doors for projects that feature Sega IPs.

So it seems Sega games are an option...but no details how this will come about. The last time someone tried to crwdfund a sega game..IE ECCO..it didn't take off...wonder how this will happen with other titles..

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:01:51 am by ROJM »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Confirmed..Crowdrive funding project will include Sega Ips...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 08:02:43 am »
They mention Sega IPs, not specify games. I wonder if that's intentional. Could it be gathering interest for things like Anime based on Sega IPs or something?

Offline ROJM

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 08:27:02 am »
They mention Sega IPs, not specify games. I wonder if that's intentional. Could it be gathering interest for things like Anime based on Sega IPs or something?

No because its talking about Crowfunding which is the service for games being funded by the public not anime. And really what else can you do but have a fund for a sega game. Are people going to fund a game that may feature a cameo of a sega character? I don't think so even if it is a japanese otaku fan. No one would pay to fund a game just to see a sega character appear in a cameo or something similar. They may do if its a sega game that needs funding. Which goes back to my whole issues with this particular move by Sega of japan...

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 08:40:39 am »
Crowdfunding isn't exclusive to Video Games, and Nimurgen posted the article in the other thread and mentioned it was focused on Anime.

Perhaps this is something different, either way I'm interested to see where it goes.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 08:43:19 am »
Crowdfunding isn't exclusive to Video Games, and Nimurgen posted the article in the other thread and mentioned it was focused on Anime.

Perhaps this is something different, either way I'm interested to see where it goes.

I'm not sure about you, but I'd be totally down for a Yakuza anime! I'm surprise we haven't gotten one but had a live action series for the spinoff.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 09:11:16 am »

Didn't you read the article?

toward Crowdrive – a crowdfunding platform for indie games that is scheduled to launch later this month.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 01:56:47 pm »
Well, could be a translation problem in my another thread that I wrote about this.

It seems that Goopa already has an anime crowdfunding site (Anipipo), so that notice about  starting the games crowdfunding service in May 2015 might be about the Sega Ip's stuff or when the console/PC games crowdfunding system is going to be released.

Anyway, could be that this system have both crowfunding ways in the end: Anime-games.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 02:02:38 pm by Nirmugen »

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 05:23:17 am »
I'm excited about this.
But I'm also afraid Sega will restrict indie projects which are sega-related.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 07:17:25 am »
Well, could be a translation problem in my another thread that I wrote about this.

It seems that Goopa already has an anime crowdfunding site (Anipipo), so that notice about  starting the games crowdfunding service in May 2015 might be about the Sega Ip's stuff or when the console/PC games crowdfunding system is going to be released.

Anyway, could be that this system have both crowfunding ways in the end: Anime-games.

Except its not...the article states the focus is on games. They already have a crowdfunding service for anime already...