Author Topic: Evil Within  (Read 9074 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Evil Within
« on: September 29, 2014, 01:23:37 pm »
So this game actually looks like it's shaping up good, not shit-house as I originally though. I'm willing to eat crow and admit I'm looking forward to it (And by that I mean I'll probably buy it on sale at some point since I'm trying to cut spending on games severely)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVShDsYih9Y

Trailer looks pretty neat-o.

Anyone else excited?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Evil Within
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 02:56:25 pm »
I am excited. I tried it at Eurogamer and loved it, I had some issues with animation and controls but overall it was a great game, I felt a lot of tension and it's great if you want to try either casual or survival. On survival there is a lot more tension and you WILL have to hide from enemies.

At one point the cloaked figure appeared out of no where and started chasing me. As I approached the door to exit the room, it flung open and a baddie stumbled into the room alerted by the sound of I presume my running. As I dodged past him for cover I came into the main hall of the mansion, I pulled out my gun and took one shot but it wasn't enough to stop him!

I ran into another room with a dining table and saw a door on the far right and slowly crept into, not wanting to alert any more fiends in the local area (Before this point I was flinging the door open with my foot Rambo style) and there she was! A zombie woman had her back to me, breathing heavily, I knew I had to stay quiet in the corner or any commotion she'd cause would draw in my pursuer. I hid in that room for ages, finally I couldn't take it anymore and decided to re-enter the dining room area and still the monster that was chasing me was looking around for me.

Again I stayed hidden behind the dining table as he circled the room, finally he gave up and left the area and I was safe... Then I was told my time with the demo was up, dammit I was really getting into it!

Funny enough thanks to trying both I've decided to get Alien: Isolation and The Evil Within on release day.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 03:07:59 pm »
Anyone else excited

Yes can't wait for the game myself . I just hope that with both Alien Iso and Evil With In coming out with in days of each other , sales of both games aren't affected
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 03:09:17 pm »
Chose to not watch the trailer, but I've been looking forward to this since it was announced.  I loved pretty much anything Mikami has made, so I doubt this will disappoint.

Aki's impressions are very reassuring!

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 05:03:12 pm »
Japan is getting a Custom PS4 for Evil Within.

Uncool bro, bring this stateside and i'll buy!
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline marcoslucas

• Total Meseta: 0
    • Friv
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 01:33:24 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
This game is in my list to buy for ps4!
I dont want wait anymore!

>:D

Offline upa

• Total Meseta: 0
    • andkon
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 04:01:15 am »
I dont want wait!

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 10:24:55 am »
You both don't HAVE wait, it's been released.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 10:28:55 am »
I'd love to buy this but after Alien: Isolation I need a little bit of a break from horror games, might dip into it before the end of the month though!

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 04:51:46 am »
Love the atmosphere , but can't help but think just because its a Shinji Mikami title its getting a awful lot of good will, The camera is a bit crap and the controls are in places terrible and there's times where the zombies just continue to try and walk even thought there's a wall blocking their path (and other bugs) If this was a Capcom title it not doubt be slagged off to death .

Still with all that , its great game even thought it plays (and in places looks) like a Survival horror game made by the Japanese decades ago . I guess that what's so good about the game in a funny sort of way and that's ita return to the classic Japanese Survival Horror game
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 10:33:04 am »
Love the atmosphere , but can't help but think just because its a Shinji Mikami title its getting a awful lot of good will, The camera is a bit crap and the controls are in places terrible and there's times where the zombies just continue to try and walk even thought there's a wall blocking their path (and other bugs) If this was a Capcom title it not doubt be slagged off to death .

Still with all that , its great game even thought it plays (and in places looks) like a Survival horror game made by the Japanese decades ago . I guess that what's so good about the game in a funny sort of way and that's ita return to the classic Japanese Survival Horror game

Hmm.. Well, i'm one of those people that prefers shit controls in Survival Horror, just because i feel like it adds to the intensity of the game. That's something i really enjoyed with the original RE games. I've been hearing a lot of great things about this game so far, so i'll be getting it later, no doubt.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 06:58:31 pm »
So I've been playing this like an hour a day and so far I am really loving it but does it have some issues that can effect people's appreciation of the title.

I'll start off with the great stuff. I love the atmosphere, if Alien: Isolation wasn't released this year this game would win it hands down. There are some great moments in the game, I won't go spoiling too much but there are times where when you think you are safe the game quickly reminds you you are in the middle of a mental breakdown. The enemies are pretty much idiots for the most, you can easily run circles around them and start beating the living daylights out of them (Though I should stress you're melee attacks in general are extremely weak.) the game does mix it up with one particular enemy type that will stress out a few people hehe.

I'm liking that Mikami didn't skip on bosses day and I've just completed a chapter that had 3 of them! I'm really liking how I've only faced one boss twice so far and long may it continue. Though having experience with previous games make me think that might not be the case, it's great to have some varied action from time to time and the situations are never really the same except for the one repeat boss. The gunplay is pretty satisfying so far although I haven't tried experimenting with my agony bolts as much as I would like, these arrow like weapons that can poison, burn, freeze etc the enemies, unfortunately I'm a bit of a hoarder with items!

Now for the issues... Firstly I definitely knew it already but both the control and camera have problems. The controls feel slightly sluggish whilst the camera might not show you everything you're trying to see, I've become so accustom to be able to peer around doors that not being able to do it is quite strange. The biggest problem is clipping, there are times when you and the baddie can go down a ladder at the same time, how this wasn't sorted earlier I don't know! I am thankful though since I was low on health at the time (Though not being able to kick them off the ladder seems just as odd decision!) the worst moment was when I was trying to go into a safe room to recover health. Opened the door and went through, then I realised a chair had clipped itself into the door! Dammit it didn't let me pass at all, so I was stuck there for a few minutes just trying to push the chair out of the door.

Overall I really I'm liking the game even with all it's issues. To me it's a great but flawed game and how much you enjoy the game may come down to your level of patience.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 09:47:26 am »
^Where does it sit in scale of pace and action?
Is it a slow burn affair where you need to conserve ammo and explore carefully like classic RE or Dead Space 1, or is it more actiony and run and gun like RE4 and it's ilk?

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 11:56:54 am »
Is it a slow burn affair where you need to conserve ammo and explore carefully like classic RE or Dead Space 1, or is it more actiony and run and gun like RE4 and it's ilk?

Its nothing like RE4 (bar say Chapter 4) Its more Dead Space where there's not much ammo at all . Also its a real  mess of a game in places, with dire AI, massive amounts of bugs and glitches. Its really just a unfinished game and it's shocking to see Mikami-san name behind it .I feel for that reason  alone it doesn't get half the bashing a Sonic game or a RE game would get if they were released  in the state Evil With-In was   
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 09:06:06 am »

It mixes it up, some chapters you'll be gunning/stealth killing a load of zombies whilst other chapters throw increasingly harder to beat baddies that you'll be happy you conserved some ammo to take them down with. Exploring is a must if you want to keep your ammo levels up as well as experience to level up your abilities/storage capacity.

For the most part though, you WILL need to kill a lot of baddies, but you can dodge past a few and save up ammo. I often opt for stealth kills just incase they might come back later on to bother me. Bosses with the exception of one have required loads of bullets to kill them though.