Author Topic: Alien: Isolation Release Discussion - Reviews & Spoilers  (Read 60357 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Alien: Isolation Release Discussion - Reviews & Spoilers
« on: September 29, 2014, 03:36:10 am »

Game looks good, unfortunately there is some noisy Swedish fellow talking over it (in English) and being all round irritating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU5JJraK7jQ
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:32:31 am by Barry the Nomad »
Made by SEGA

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: First 20 mins of Alien Isolation (Lets Play Vid)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 05:29:24 am »
Yes..don't you just hate that? Especially some of the annoying american ones....and the english ones are the worse!

Offline ROJM

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 05:42:30 am »
Anyhow the footage looks impressive. Its a mixed blessing because its too bad CA couldn't do this type of thing with an original property. They have shown what they could do when given the proper resources to make a console game after what VIKING promised. I hope these guys get to make some new original IP for Sega..and become a force to be reckoned with..instead of just being known as the TOTAL WAR guys...

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 09:03:11 am »
Did you just link to PewDiePie?

REALLY SHARKY?

FUCKING REALLY?

Not even watching a second of that shit, also I'm going to pre-order the game, then cancel my pre-order.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 10:37:24 am »
Sega should use Pewdiepie on Yakuza games for marketing

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 10:45:27 am »
Anyhow the footage looks impressive. Its a mixed blessing because its too bad CA couldn't do this type of thing with an original property. They have shown what they could do when given the proper resources to make a console game after what VIKING promised. I hope these guys get to make some new original IP for Sega..and become a force to be reckoned with..instead of just being known as the TOTAL WAR guys...

Yeah, I agree with you Joe, in fact I hope that after the game on the Alien franchise the team exploits the technology already established for a new and original IP, also seen that initially, when there was only a prototype that used this tech, this seems like it was really based on a new idea or IP although, I don't know this for sure, how much already developed it was.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:47:00 am by Deefy »
SEGA STYLE

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 11:07:31 am »
I played this at Eurogamer.

Believe the hype. It was both terrifying and amazing, speed running the challenge was great fun! My favourite game at the show.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 11:08:21 am »
Creative Assembly, outside of launching a successful new IP is unlikely to become anything other than "The Total war guys"

Just like Sonic Team has been reduced to nothing but sonic games
and Nagoshi's CS1 team was reduced to nothing but Yakuza games(with a rare monkeyball exception).

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 12:31:15 pm »
Looks amazing , can't wait
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 01:49:56 am »
We already know that Creative Assembly's next IP will also be licensed. WarHammer Total War.
Made by SEGA

Offline ROJM

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 04:51:23 am »
We already know that Creative Assembly's next IP will also be licensed. WarHammer Total War.
Yes but there are two CA's now...the PC divison that does TOTAL WAR and the console studio who is doing ALIEN.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 05:35:09 am »
 I'm excited for a Warhammer game, but seeing Shadow of Mordor I wish they did a Warhammer game like that... but won't happne... even tho Shadow of Mordor reminds me of Viking: Battle for Asgard.

Offline Deefy

• SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 07:25:19 pm »
I played this at Eurogamer.

Believe the hype. It was both terrifying and amazing, speed running the challenge was great fun! My favourite game at the show.

I believe in the game since the first day of knowledge of the same and the growing hype has done nothing but confirm the first impression, then also view your field test at the show Aki, there is also confirmation of a critical player reliable.

Looks amazing , can't wait

Another enthusiastic statement coming from competent and balanced person, at this point ... I can't wait :)
SEGA STYLE

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 10:12:58 pm »
I want to be really excited for this, but I also need to guard myself a bit, so I'm not let down. I will wait for more impressions first before jumping the gun and buying this.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 07:12:47 am »
I believe in the game since the first day of knowledge of the same and the growing hype has done nothing but confirm the first impression, then also view your field test at the show Aki, there is also confirmation of a critical player reliable.

Heh glad to know my opinion is regarded highly!

I want to be really excited for this, but I also need to guard myself a bit, so I'm not let down. I will wait for more impressions first before jumping the gun and buying this.

Get hyped.

Only bad thing I can see happening is fetch quests.