Author Topic: Alien Isolation offers Season Pass: Game is now irredeemably shit.  (Read 12786 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Alien Isolation offers Season Pass: Game is now irredeemably shit.
« on: September 17, 2014, 08:51:39 am »
RIP Alien Isolation, it was fun while it lasted.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/17/alien-isolation-survivor-mode-season-pass-detailed/#sf4683565

And on October 28th, the first of five Survivor Mode add-on packs will be available to purchase, featuring three new maps. Each map has its own set objective, challenges, a variety of enemy types to deal with, and a new playable character to discover — plenty to sink your teeth in to.
There will be more add-on packs to explore across the following month, and if you’re keen to sharpen those survival instincts, then don’t miss out on our Season Pass. The pass will give you access to all five Survivor Mode add-on packs, with up to a 25% discount!

Pre order cancelled, uninstalled all Sega games from PC, threw out my Dreamcast, drop-kicked a puppy down a flight of stairs, drove my car into a shopping centre food court, threw an ice-cream sundae at the Macdonald's Cashier, then shot myself in the face with a .45 Colt semi-automatic handgun.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Alien Isolation offers Season Pass: Game is now irredeemably shit.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 09:43:05 am »
SEGA takes risk as being a single player campaign, high budget survival horror game, stars a female protagonist and has relatively little gunplay.

Decides to limit the original crew of the Alien film behind preorder bonus and more content hidden behind season pass.

It's like SEGA doesn't know if it wants to be themselves or join the Activision/EA cash party.

(Also I would have preordered this game but I have yet to see what the Playstation 3 version even looks like!)

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 09:46:34 am »
SEGA takes risk as being a single player campaign, high budget survival horror game, stars a female protagonist and has relatively little gunplay.

Decides to limit the original crew of the Alien film behind preorder bonus and more content hidden behind season pass.

It's like SEGA doesn't know if it wants to be themselves or join the Activision/EA cash party.

(Also I would have preordered this game but I have yet to see what the Playstation 3 version even looks like!)

I was joking about the pre-order, I planned to buy it on PC at some point after it released.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 10:24:25 am »
Well I definitely want it, my laptop just isn't powerful enough to run it and I don't think I'll be getting a Playstation 4 until late next year or early 2016 so that rules those two options out for me.

I'm just going to wait for the impressions for the Playstation 3 version, sad that I'll be missing out on content just because I wasn't confident enough on SEGA delivering a competent port of the game.

Offline TruthEnigma

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 10:33:54 am »
I'm definitely eager to play the game. Really unsure whether I will be supporting the DLC though. The Alien franchise is the perfect setting for a great survival horror game, and after just playing through ZombiU and Resident Evil Revelations on the Wii U, I'm definitely in the mood!

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 01:55:28 pm »

Sounds to me they're following the P2P model that SOJ has thrived on but applied to consoles. Dreading if YAKUZA will end up going this route with the next few titles...and it easily could with the arcades and panchinko virtual games present in the title.
Anyway its not like Sega west hasn't done this before...

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 02:01:03 pm »
Dark Souls II also has Season Pass..so what gives? IMO

At least if the campaign is really good, I can still buy it for my PS3 and later I will buy the All-in-one pack in a Steam Sale for my PC next year

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 03:07:59 pm »
Dark Souls II also has Season Pass..so what gives? IMO
Also devil's spawn in video game form.

For real though, I dislike this season pass thing, especially for games that are meant to be single player focused.

The DLC stuff sounds weird anyway. It does turn me off this game somewhat.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 03:24:20 pm »
That's ok Sega, I forgive you.

I'll just have to take a bit of my own Passing on some of your paycheck, please understand. I'll still give you money! Just...well, not as much.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 04:14:01 pm »
Fuck this. If SEGA thinks this is how they will do future games, fuck them. You can't ship a game with 1 fucking map and charge people for the rest. If it had like a substantial amount, like 12, then they added later, whatever. But 1?

YES SURVIVOR MODE WILL HAVE ONE FUCKING MAP WHEN IT SHIPS AND THE FIRST DLC PACK IS COMING IN 3 WEEKS.

That is fucking stupid.

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 04:29:45 pm »
But we need to support the company
We are supposed to be Sega fanboys

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 04:47:48 pm »
I'm sure more people here would have been accepting if it was a new Valkyria Chronicles and even though some of us like Alien the film, doesn't mean we need to take this butt raping from SEGA imo.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-30744-not-like-this-not-like-this-gi-DBvb.gif

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 04:55:16 pm »
I actually thought this would be just a straight up single player campaign and that's it.

Still I dislike the ethics in trying to hook people like this, especially hearing people say it's a demo with the full game. I paid for the full game and still parts of it are a demo, what?

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 12:21:18 am »
I won't be buying add-on DLC. The shipped game is what it is, and if the multiplayer in the shipped game sucks, it'll be reflected in my opinion of the game.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 12:31:20 am by Ben »

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 03:42:13 am »
How much content will this season pass have compared to the retail release?