Author Topic: Sonic Team PSO2 Live Conference  (Read 6580 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Sonic Team PSO2 Live Conference
« on: August 16, 2014, 08:01:03 pm »
There was a big PSO2 event where lots of info was announced, but none of it concerns us cause were locked out of accessing the Japanese servers even if we wanted to

but there was some live peformances. One of Burning Hearts and one of a song from PSO2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hl0dg7nkmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eVZNVQBiX0

Enjoy

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
Re: Sonic Team PSO2 Live Conference
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 08:18:21 pm »

I watched part of the stream with all ARKS Finals (a pretty awesome stuff from JP players  for sure  :)  ) and a part of the information. Later, I see all in Youtube.

I can access the JP servers, why you can't have access even in the USA :/ ? I live in another country by the way..

Also, I can guarantee you that the part of Sonic Team that worked in the Phantasy Star Series are all their own studio right now,  the"PHANTASY STAR CREW" studio.

However, I think that Sonic Team, the PSC Studio and the Puyo-Puyo Studio are all in the same section with a bunch of programmers, designers, engineers working in the same place and also in the same projects (CSR#2)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 08:23:09 pm »
Yeah, i guess they aren't branded with Sonic Team anymore, but its still the same people. I'll always consider them Sonic Team.

also i can't even access pso2.jp

I know people are saying its not region block, and that it's just SEGA forgetting to tell major internet operators to add their server, but it might as well be region lock with how many foreigners are locked out. Some can access it still, but most cant without a VPN.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 07:07:25 am »
You can play with Japanese servers right now???

If they are pulling this Bullcrap then fook em..

Check the SEGA Forums for more info ( Another forum I was jetison from ).

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 08:44:40 am »
Sometimes it makes one wonder if all these big events, announcements...and celebrations concerning PSO2 is just SOJ's middle finger salute to the western fans.... "look what were playing and enjoying...HAHAHA ..and China can play too.."

Its not like the PSO flopped in the states or anything or any of the other systems it was reelased in the west. It was prehaps their only stedy money maker during those turbulant years of the early noughties..

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 09:28:29 am »
What grinds my gears is PSO's major selling point was that it was a global happening. The translator chat, the idea of playing with people in different parts of the world.

PSO2 lacking that aspect really hurts it in my eyes. It makes it less of a sequel than it is.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 10:20:00 pm »
What grinds my gears is PSO's major selling point was that it was a global happening. The translator chat, the idea of playing with people in different parts of the world.

PSO2 lacking that aspect really hurts it in my eyes. It makes it less of a sequel than it is.

Nothing about the original's vision is intact these days.  Nothing. 

Accessibility, cooperation, international communication, atmosphere, and simplicity have all been shunned in favor of flashy, anime, DmC, F2P garbage.

I had a lot of hope for Nova breaking the mold but it apparently plays almost identically to PSO2. 

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 10:25:11 pm »
Don't worry you can still play PSO GCN Dreamcast and Blue burst via some sorta unofficial link up thingy. I forget the webpage.

Seriously PSO2 was getting good. Did they really stop this and all from players from the west joining in???

This is stupid. Same thing with Final Fantasy Type-0.

That is why I stop wanting new games. I know at some point they will release something and then edit it. Calling it an improvement but is really censored rubbish.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 05:18:22 am »

Nothing about the original's vision is intact these days.  Nothing. 

Accessibility, cooperation, international communication, atmosphere, and simplicity have all been shunned in favor of flashy, anime, DmC, F2P garbage.

I had a lot of hope for Nova breaking the mold but it apparently plays almost identically to PSO2. 
Well i guess some guys know now, how certain people including Kodama felt about PSO in relation to the classic series of PHANTASY STAR..

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 11:47:12 am »
Well i guess some guys know now, how certain people including Kodama felt about PSO in relation to the classic series of PHANTASY STAR..

haha well played. 

Offline ROJM

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 12:03:38 pm »
haha well played. 

Actually i don't mind PSO it isn't my cup of tea but only a fool would ignore what Sonic Team did with that game..and it still holds up today. I'd just like achoice of the PSO series and a continuation of the original "offline" series..rather than one replacing the other.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 10:56:19 pm »
Basically PSO Blue Burst is the last PSO we will ever play. PSO GCN is the last official world game. Eitherway you can download BB for free and hook up with an unofficial server; by unofficial people. Even the Dreamcast and Gamecube games can link up. But you can't access areas with people that does not exsist.

SEGA of America is probably going to have product placement; and brainwashing tatics. Maybe even more censoring. Using as much advantage while loading the software with as much spyware as possible???

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 07:51:15 am »
So far gone lol