Author Topic: Company of Heroes 2: Western Front Armies  (Read 3304 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Company of Heroes 2: Western Front Armies
« on: July 30, 2014, 04:07:57 pm »
So now the Western Front standalone expansion is out. I reckon this game is tops, anyone here playing it?

Great little RTS with more focus on tactics than overall strategy. You know the drill, if anyone here plays add me on steam and lets have some games.

I play 1v1 exclusively, I'm not really one for the team games in RTS.

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
Re: Company of Heroes 2: Western Front Armies
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 05:18:32 pm »
Are you a Company of heroes fan MadeMan?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 09:10:50 pm »
Since getting Windows to run on my mac, I've been wanting to check out the RTS SEGA games. I already have CoH, but have yet to pick up CoH2. I wonder if I can snag a review code....

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 09:43:16 am »
Since getting Windows to run on my mac, I've been wanting to check out the RTS SEGA games. I already have CoH, but have yet to pick up CoH2. I wonder if I can snag a review code....

CoH1 is still played as well I believe, I prefer 2 now, but that might be because I didn't get to play 1 until fairly recently too.

Both great games, and if you didn't want to spend monies, you can get Western Front Armies only for about $20 I believe. It comes with Oberkommando West and US Forces. I don't think it has a single player campaign, but the real appeal of this game is multiplayer IMO.

Do you like RTS games? As I said this is significantly different to more macro based games like C&C or AoE. It's more based on tactical control and there is no resource gathering. It's more about map control and it also doesn't have quite the same meta of Rush > Boom > Turtle > Rush

Are you a Company of heroes fan MadeMan?

Yup, I play this game quite a bit. Since I don't have a console, this is my bread and butter game for playing online/non story driven game.

If you want to get an idea of what the game is like, Propagandacast does a daily casting of games with commentary. It gives you some insight into the mechanics and how a typical game plays out. I have a few matches broadcast on this channel too.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Propagandacast/videos

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 01:39:10 pm »
I take it there is no interest in this game here? :(

Where did Taro Yamada go, he used to play this until he got eaten alive by DotA.

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 03:34:09 pm »
Sorry Man, my computer cant run it (I need a new one XD) but if i buy it in the future i will write it.