Author Topic: Crazy taxi city rush  (Read 22064 times)

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
Crazy taxi city rush
« on: July 29, 2014, 10:18:50 pm »
Hi, i just made this topic with the news that the game will be releasing this thursday 31/07:

http://www.destructoid.com/crazy-taxi-city-rush-releasing-this-thursday-278796.phtml

I will play it, so let me know what you think of it in this topic.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Crazy taxi city rush
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 08:10:56 am »
  • Free to Play
  • Mobile Phone game
  • Ugly ass art direction
  • Dragging a once-great franchise through the mud

Well this is ticking all the boxes of a modern Sega game.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 09:09:38 am »
And making a lot of money in the process....

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 09:38:05 am »
Not necessary making A LOT of money, but is a future market so is normal to see this kind of things, at least they didnt name it crazy taxi 4, they werent stupid in that part, and like Angryjoe always said, "if you dont like it go fuck yourself  ;) "

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 09:47:07 am »
  • Free to Play
  • Mobile Phone game
  • Ugly ass art direction
  • Dragging a once-great franchise through the mud

Well this is ticking all the boxes of a modern Sega game.

Mang pls.

You forgot micro-transactions. FFS I thought you were an expert in mobile gaming!

Offline ROJM

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 09:50:11 am »
Not necessary making A LOT of money, but is a future market so is normal to see this kind of things, at least they didnt name it crazy taxi 4, they werent stupid in that part, and like Angryjoe always said, "if you dont like it go fuck yourself  ;) "

Compared to how much money the game was made for..it would recover its budget and investment in a matter of hours. By the end of the week it will hit profit sales to what a console game has to recover and make in a month. So yes even if the outcome is small in revenue compared to the latest big gun game, its still a lot of money because of the percentage and speed of the revenue coming in. And that goes for an average mobile title.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 09:50:53 am »
I was thinking that Jet Set Radio makes alot of sense in this format.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 09:52:44 am »
I was thinking that Jet Set Radio makes alot of sense in this format.

It would if they thought it would make them money. CRAZY TAXI is a profitable franchise..JSR isn't. Even though the  format screams for a JSR game that could catch on in the social sphere..if Sega has the right idea to execute it.

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 09:55:57 am »
Compared to how much money the game was made for..it would recover its budget and investment in a matter of hours. By the end of the week it will hit profit sales to what a console game has to recover and make in a month. So yes even if the outcome is small in revenue compared to the latest big gun game, its still a lot of money because of the percentage and speed of the revenue coming in. And that goes for an average mobile title.
I agree with you, but is a little hard for me to believe that SEGA, a big company, can be happy with the money the mobile games give to them, maybe a small company yes, but SEGA? it is not definite for me...
But i do think that these mobile games can made rentable Hardlight for example but not much more, for now at leats

Offline ROJM

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 10:01:11 am »
I agree with you, but is a little hard for me to believe that SEGA, a big company, can be happy with the money the mobile games give to them, maybe a small company yes, but SEGA? it is not definite for me...
But i do think that these mobile games can made rentable Hardlight for example but not much more, for now at leats

Mobile phone profits accounted for half of their biggest profits...the other half was PC....So yes Sega is extremely pleased with the revenue coming in big and small because of the fact that it doesn't cost that much in R+D to make a game for handheld or mobile.
That's why Sega has been focusing in these two markets for the last two to three years now.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 11:05:31 am »
And making a lot of money in the process....
Maybe so, but Michael Bay movies make plenty of money too, but I don't have to like them.
Nor does it mean that they are any good...

Mang pls.

You forgot micro-transactions. FFS I thought you were an expert in mobile gaming!

Free to Play = Micro transactions. That's why it's not just 'Free'. :p

Offline ROJM

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 11:20:43 am »
Maybe so, but Michael Bay movies make plenty of money too, but I don't have to like them.
Nor does it mean that they are any good...

That's opinion not fact...some are crap ..some are good...the same way with any medium.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 12:28:06 pm »
That's opinion not fact...some are crap ..some are good...the same way with any medium.

Do you think this is a good game then?

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 12:37:48 pm »
If PC and F2P makes them lots of money, they should not only put PSO2, but Border Break and their other slew of "network" arcade games.

That MOBA game Wonderland Wars shoudn't just be stuck in Arcades in Japan.

I thought translation might be a problem, but after brining Miku or translating a text heavy and compley game like Demon Tribe, I don't see it as an excuse...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:43:37 pm by Trippled »

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 12:50:28 pm »
If PC and F2P makes them lots of money, they should not only put PSO2, but Border Break and their other slew of "network" arcade games.

That MOBA game Wonderland Wars shoudn't just be stuck in Arcades in Japan.

Is not the same a MMO FT2 than a mobile FT2, why is it so hard to undestand? if they dont bring games is because they dont see a profitable move, or do you think that they dont because they are on drugs or they are evil? (I ask because MANY people actually thinks this in the internet...) should they had show more support to their franchises in the past with more powerfull makerting works?, yes, but is too late for that to complain, they dont bring PSO2 to the west because is FT2 and that market is still not very powerfull in my opinion here, perhaps with others MMO games had work out well but i dont see a phantasy star FT2 rentable for them right now, and either do them.

Also they dont want to risk anymore with this market, i think one of the reasons of the bought of Relic was that, "Lets give the west another studio and they will take care of that region and we will take care from japan". They have TONS of others things in mind that bring games over here, the fact that Miku came here is a miracle because that franchise have a niche audience big enough to bring titles over here plus the fact that the hatsune miku games are much more cheaper than the Yakuza or PStar games i believe.