Author Topic: Bayonetta 2: NEW SCREENS! COSTUMES + SDCC Footage of level 2  (Read 7337 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Other thread has turned into a war-zone, and the other one is old.

Besides it's not like there's any other Sega games worth talking about right now apart from Alien and pointing and laughing at Sonic Boom, so...
NEW THREAD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NHk7xMJs1M

This is going to be the best game.

Look at that sword stance!!

I don't know if this is new, but it looks like you can put weapons that you pick up from Angels away and use later (on Bayo's back at least). That's really nice.

Finally, she has the butterfly transformation already, will the Panther/Butterfly be unlocked from the start this game?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:30:45 am by MadeManG74 »

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Bayonetta 2: SDCC Footage of level 2
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 10:49:10 am »
Makes you wonder what it'd look like had it been for PS4/XBO..

Looks like yesterday's game really...

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 10:57:28 am »
I still think it looks lovely to be honest. I'm not all that won over by graphics anymore, even Wii-U looks quite nice IMO. I'd rather have a decent looking game that plays as well as Bayonetta than a game that looks photo-realistic but is an interactive movie.

Also, fuck PS4/Xbone, I would have paid good money for a PC release of 1 or 2.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 11:04:27 am »
I still think it looks lovely to be honest. I'm not all that won over by graphics anymore, even Wii-U looks quite nice IMO. I'd rather have a decent looking game that plays as well as Bayonetta than a game that looks photo-realistic but is an interactive movie.

Also, fuck PS4/Xbone, I would have paid good money for a PC release of 1 or 2.

Well that's the problem isn't it...even on the system which uses the same type of tech of 360 and PS3 it looks dated. There isn't much update to the graphics at all unless this is just the demo version and not the final game. My point is great developers use to come out with sequels on the same system but really managed to improve the look of the game with sharper graphics and everything from the game's predecessor. This use to happen a lot from the Genesis era onwards. I really do hope the graphics look nice and better than the original counterpart..

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 11:49:26 am »
^I think it looks as good or better than the original, and I don't think they really need to improve much to be honest. I thought Bayonetta 1 was already a very fine looking game.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 12:08:13 pm »
It would look better on the PS4....anyway the ultimate test is playing the title once its released.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 12:12:06 pm »
It would look better on the PS4....anyway the ultimate test is playing the title once its released.
Oh, of course it would look better on PS4, no arguing that. Wii-U is the weakest current platform after all.

It's just that I really don't think it would affect my enjoyment, the game could look identical to the first (some say it does) and that's fine with me as long as the gameplay is there.
The only reason I say I would like PC is to avoid having to buy another console/ease of having more games on my 'main' platform.

I think I'm definitely going to be playing the first game again when I get it though, hard as it might be to hold off on playing 2 until I finish 1 again.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 12:27:35 pm »
Oh, of course it would look better on PS4, no arguing that. Wii-U is the weakest current platform after all.

It's just that I really don't think it would affect my enjoyment, the game could look identical to the first (some say it does) and that's fine with me as long as the gameplay is there.
The only reason I say I would like PC is to avoid having to buy another console/ease of having more games on my 'main' platform.

I think I'm definitely going to be playing the first game again when I get it though, hard as it might be to hold off on playing 2 until I finish 1 again.

Well i don't doubt the pedigree of the gameplay.. its just the look of the game isn't far removed from the original. If the big cancellation in 2012 didn't happen we'd had this game on ps3/360 by now.

Sega has always been dis organized when it comes to platform support. They've failed to launch several franchises on a multiplatform level mainly because they didn't get the results they were expecting.
When you consider that their recent big franchises making money have been YAKUZA and PROJECT MIKU that were successful in establishing a fan base so they could eventually branch them out due to them having the exclusive and support of the manufacturer, the right choices was made for the title. Bay 2 is put in a rather difficult situation because its in a failing machine and the hopes are that it may boost sales for that system..which of course is something that BAYONETTA hasn't proven...yet. But the support it may ground the title more to grow its fanbase. 
I think sometimes Sega needs to look at what they are releasing and decide whether or not to make it MP or exclusive.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:29:14 pm by ROJM »

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 11:03:12 am »
The original game can not be out done. Seriously she makes BLUE PILLARS and COLLECT COINS. Butter Flys???? Looks more like advertisement.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 12:22:12 pm »
Well i don't doubt the pedigree of the gameplay.. its just the look of the game isn't far removed from the original. If the big cancellation in 2012 didn't happen we'd had this game on ps3/360 by now.

Sega has always been dis organized when it comes to platform support. They've failed to launch several franchises on a multiplatform level mainly because they didn't get the results they were expecting.
When you consider that their recent big franchises making money have been YAKUZA and PROJECT MIKU that were successful in establishing a fan base so they could eventually branch them out due to them having the exclusive and support of the manufacturer, the right choices was made for the title. Bay 2 is put in a rather difficult situation because its in a failing machine and the hopes are that it may boost sales for that system..which of course is something that BAYONETTA hasn't proven...yet. But the support it may ground the title more to grow its fanbase. 
I think sometimes Sega needs to look at what they are releasing and decide whether or not to make it MP or exclusive.

I'm sort of of a mixed opinion on this as well. I think that the title would have suffered a bit had it come out on the PS3 and X360 to be honest; at least as far as brand development. Being on the Wii U has its drawbacks to be sure, but that also means the title will stand out quite a bit more; less prone to be lost in the pack.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 01:38:26 pm »
I'm sort of of a mixed opinion on this as well. I think that the title would have suffered a bit had it come out on the PS3 and X360 to be honest; at least as far as brand development. Being on the Wii U has its drawbacks to be sure, but that also means the title will stand out quite a bit more; less prone to be lost in the pack.

BAYONETTA wasn't lost in the pack.but it barely got ts head out o the water....VANQUISH however was which is why i maintain that that game should have been an exclusive and released on PS3 where the shooter games are not in abundance like 360. The game could stand out on the Wii U but honestly we were counting on Nintendo when Sega made all those R Sega games for the system and most of the titles didn't get the results they wanted either.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 05:21:48 am »
Hey guys, a game that started out development for Xbox 360/PS3 won't benefit much from PS4/Xbox One aside from a higher resolution anyway. Stop pretending that it would.

Now let's just talk about the game we're getting instead of the imaginary one we aren't getting.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 06:06:47 am »
Hey guys, a game that started out development for Xbox 360/PS3 won't benefit much from PS4/Xbox One aside from a higher resolution anyway. Stop pretending that it would.

Now let's just talk about the game we're getting instead of the imaginary one we aren't getting.
Its not benefitting from the wiiu either...

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 04:53:07 pm »
Its not benefitting from the wiiu either...
Well, we already have an entire topic about how it will "kill the franchise", you don't need to have the same conversation in two different topics.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 04:53:22 am »
Well, we already have an entire topic about how it will "kill the franchise", you don't need to have the same conversation in two different topics.

Actually i haven't HAD that conversation in another topic. I've only had it in this one.And the reality is at the moment that the game is on an uphill struggle with the WiiU format.