Author Topic: Sonic Adventure CD coming out later this year in Japan  (Read 14336 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Sonic Adventure CD coming out later this year in Japan
« on: July 19, 2014, 09:54:48 am »

Sonic Adventure 3 reveal at TGS maybe? Would completely screw over Sonic Boom, but when is the last time SEGA Japan cared about screwing over the west? They do it all the time.

Source: https://twitter.com/SSF1991/status/490463552273383424

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Sonic Adventure CD coming out later this year in Japan
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 01:20:04 pm »
"Performed by: Sonic the Hedgehog"

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 01:28:46 pm »

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 01:49:46 pm »
Wait, was there a time when a Sonic game was revealed around the same time as a CD like this?

Offline baba_944

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 07:26:14 pm »
I think this will be like the time "Sonic Heroes", "Sonic CD", "Sonic Heroes", etc soundtracks was re-released for Sonic's 20th anniversary. 

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 07:33:36 pm »
But those re-released BSO for Sonic's 20th anniversary includes both Adventure titles.:
http://vgmdb.net/album/23920
http://vgmdb.net/album/25235

This is a new CD and I think "something" is in there :/

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 09:18:08 pm »
I thought Sega already made Sonic Adventure 3. I mean, they stopped at two, then they started making games that were very similar about Sonic that some would consider a third installment. If they do make a title with a "3", then I'm sure 3raser will be all excited about Shenmue again.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 04:38:57 am »
I thought Sega already made Sonic Adventure 3. I mean, they stopped at two, then they started making games that were very similar about Sonic that some would consider a third installment. If they do make a title with a "3", then I'm sure 3raser will be all excited about Shenmue again.

Sonic 06 was once went under the development name of Sonic Adv 3 . Anway great news about the music CD - Sonic Adv is one of the best music scores SEGA ever produce . Hope SEGA do make a Sonic Adv 3 - I simply loved the adventure aspect of Sonic Adv , that was sorely missing from SA II
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 08:03:03 am »
Wasn't Sonic Unleashed called Sonic World Adventure or something in Japan?

Also, are people really thinking a fucking audio CD means a new game is in development? Really? Have we gotten to that stage as Sega fans where we are so desperate for any good news (In as much as a Sonic game can be considered 'good news')?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 08:38:12 am »
As bad a reception that Sonic 4 got, I understand the numbering. It was the first fully 2D Sonic game on a console since Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

But the need for a Sonic Adventure 3? I don't get it at all. We've had numerous 3D Sonic titles since SA2 and we are well past that era. Would a Sonic Adventure 3 continue the plot? Nope! Heroes and Shadow did that. Would a Sonic Adventure 3 see the return of the Adventure gameplay style? Again, Sonic '06 and Unleashed had just about every element found in the first two Adventure games.

The only thing I can think of is the title itself, which is a pretty stupid thing to be clamoring for, or the return of the Chao Garden. Thing is, Chao were an extension of NiGHTS A-Life and were created as a way to take advantage of the Dreamcast's features. After the Dreamcast, there is really no point in having A-life returning to the series. Sonic Team went as far as they needed to in experimenting with A-life, and they really shouldn't be putting an emphasis on it now when the real focus should be perfecting Sonic gameplay.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 08:54:35 am »
the need for a Sonic Adventure 3? I don't get it at all. We've had numerous 3D Sonic titles since SA2 and we are well past that era. Would a Sonic Adventure 3 continue the plot? Nope! Heroes and Shadow did that. Would a Sonic Adventure 3 see the return of the Adventure gameplay style? Again, Sonic '06 and Unleashed had just about every element found in the first two Adventure games

SA II totally ditched the SA hub system , and Sonic 06 and Unleashed didn't have the hub system that was even comparable. Totally lacking the exploration and the joys of catching a train to new words , solving puzzles and picking up new power ups.

I have high hopes for the next Sonic just hope SEGA are leading onthe next gen     
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline baba_944

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 02:04:26 pm »
I told you guys it would just be a special remake like the 20th anniversary CDs. Here: http://www.tssznews.com/2014/07/21/sonic-adventure-anniversary-album-planned-for-fall/

Offline baba_944

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 02:09:21 pm »
Now I just read the SEGAbits article for this. wow I feel embarrassed now. But I'm glad nonetheless.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 04:55:45 pm »
Also, are people really thinking a fucking audio CD means a new game is in development? Really? Have we gotten to that stage as Sega fans where we are so desperate for any good news (In as much as a Sonic game can be considered 'good news')?

You don't understand Mang, back in 1998 SEGA produced something so great that it left a lasting impression on all of us. Then in 2001 they delivered an even better product... But alas the following years were never as good as the first two.

Now we all hope against hope that SEGA will once again surprise us with a new adventure. That's right, the time is now. It just has to be, they're teasing us too much for it not to be.

I can't wait for Chao Adventure 3, can you?

Oh... And some shitty Sonic game attached to it too I guess.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 08:29:35 am »
You don't understand Mang, back in 1998 SEGA produced something so great that it left a lasting impression on all of us. Then in 2001 they delivered an even better product... But alas the following years were never as good as the first two.

Now we all hope against hope that SEGA will once again surprise us with a new adventure. That's right, the time is now. It just has to be, they're teasing us too much for it not to be.

I can't wait for Chao Adventure 3, can you?

Oh... And some shitty Sonic game attached to it too I guess.

I believe in CA3.

It's going to be a launch title for the Sega Renegade, along with Shinmoo 3. The console will be the first 512bit console.