Author Topic: Worst Sega games of all time  (Read 19598 times)

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
Worst Sega games of all time
« on: April 21, 2014, 01:11:30 pm »
Which games could have been improved the most? IMO, it should have been The Crow: City of Angels. Of course, that was not developed or published by Sega. It was on a Sega console though. Try being constructive. It can be a game published or developed by Sega. As long as Sega had some involvement, which game do you think was the worst on a Sega console?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Worst Sega games of all time
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 01:31:28 pm »
Well, to answer the question "which game do you think was the worst on a Sega console?"

I'd say... MotoCross or BC Racers on the 32X. For what the 32X is capable of, both are pretty awful and MotoCross is unplayable.

Not on a console: Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for sure.

What a pile of shit. I mean, I am a BIG fan of the franchise. I own just about every game (I'm only missing some of the Wii and Wii U spin-off titles like Mario & Sonic and Black Knight), and I've completed every main series title more than once... except for Sonic '06. It is just such a broken piece of garbage.

And honestly, I've tried! But every time I return to the game, I progress by 10 minutes and get angry all over again and quit. Radical Train can die.

Offline Saturn Memories

• Total Meseta: 3
  • In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 06:47:34 pm »
Worst game on a Sega console is easily Death Crimson:

http://youtu.be/aRmtQFC02wo

I think Bug! is a pretty good candidate for the most yawn-inducing Sega game. The sequel is a bit better though.
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories

Offline Spock

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 10:21:04 pm »
Well, to answer the question "which game do you think was the worst on a Sega console?"

I'd say... MotoCross or BC Racers on the 32X. For what the 32X is capable of, both are pretty awful and MotoCross is unplayable.

Not on a console: Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for sure.

What a pile of shit. I mean, I am a BIG fan of the franchise. I own just about every game (I'm only missing some of the Wii and Wii U spin-off titles like Mario & Sonic and Black Knight), and I've completed every main series title more than once... except for Sonic '06. It is just such a broken piece of garbage.

And honestly, I've tried! But every time I return to the game, I progress by 10 minutes and get angry all over again and quit. Radical Train can die.

I think most of the 32x games were bad. The 32x was just a waste of time and money. That's just what I think though. BTW, how long did it take you to collect all the Sega games you have?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 03:11:24 pm »
I think most of the 32x games were bad. The 32x was just a waste of time and money. That's just what I think though. BTW, how long did it take you to collect all the Sega games you have?

At the time 32X was a bad idea, but since all that stuff is history now, it's worth owning. There are enough games to justify owning one (After Burner, Space Harrier, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Racing, Chaotix, Kolibri, Tempo).

As for my collection, I guess a third I bought as I came across games when they were new or used but the consoles were still active (Genesis, Dreamcast). The rest I've bought used over the years. I've been buying video games since 1991, but I've only been collecting since 2006.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 06:22:48 am »
No mention of Crazy Bus? D:

I know it's a pirated game, but still....

Hmm....what about Desert Bus?
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 08:28:59 pm »
Well, the worst game of time, would have to be something on the genesis, that has worst graphics then the NES. Like a puzzle isometric ball game, that makes little sense to the normal person. I will be honest, while the Genesis has many great games, as well as the Saturn, most of them are from Japan, and are unknown. So the worst game, would be something that is unknown. Otherwise being programmed decent is good enough, for me nowadays.

The worst game ever is Phantasy Star Online. I love it so, but the damn people keep BSOD me everytime. It was so terrible, because I had collected most of the items in the game through trade, and through battle. Then I got BSOD. Then I did it all again, but being a fool, I went to Japan, where this one group, was like "All westerners cheat" then this one jerk in the group BSODed me, ( because that one jerk was cheating ). Afterwards I did something even more stupid, I deleted my call card, from some bad advice.

I miss all those moments, Their was friendship, stories, love, and acquaintances, because of that game, the world looks so different to me. So I mean it hurts me a lot, inside. I called SEGA about it, and I got this damn woman, who was like "I know it is bad" "their is nothing I could do about it", I mean I was on the phone, shocked, with this person, jerring me along. I paid money every month for that damn, game, and every second or so, their is a damn BSOD, person ruining it for everybody.

I really loved that game, it made the RPG genre fun again.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 08:10:31 am by RegalSin »

Offline Spock

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 12:26:02 am »

What is Desert Bus? Are you speaking of Smoke & Mirrors. If so, then that game was never released. It would have been an interesting Sega CD game though.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 09:46:43 am »

Bro... This is not "the best sega game ever" thread

Offline Kevin-N

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 04:38:29 am »
90 minutes on the Sega Dreamcast, that was an awfull soccer game.
SEGA fan 4 life !

Offline Spock

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 08:40:55 pm »
90 minutes on the Sega Dreamcast, that was an awfull soccer game.

I almost forgot to mention sports games. Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games could have been a lot better. It only had one flaw. The flaw was that it should have never been made.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 10:12:28 am »
Robotnik can outrun Sonic period. Even in the cartoon short, but I mean wow, just wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CmGsznJPRY

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 08:56:11 am »

There are plenty of bad games which were released to Sega Consoles.

Though None of those were published by Sega

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 12:27:51 pm »
Sonic 2006 I still consider not only the worst Sega game, but the worst game ever created.

It took about half a minute of loading time for two lines of text. The game was an absolute travesty, I've still never seen anything quite so shoddy before or since it's release.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 03:51:38 am »
In recent memory, Sonic 2006 takes the cake, for sure.

The original Sonic Riders also gets s*** from me.