Author Topic: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed disscussion  (Read 252255 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: SEGA announces Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
« Reply #420 on: November 11, 2012, 09:21:14 am »
Once the game is released I was considering a goofy article that gives custom soundtrack recommendations for the tracks. That one would be "PERFECT! Faaaaan-tastic! Eureka! Ha ha ha HA HA HA!"*

*these were the four phrases my talking Jack Skellington doll said

lol Awesome.

Now I wonder if Jack Skellington is the third party character (not being serious here), since he has the Halloween/Christmas get up down.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #421 on: November 12, 2012, 05:30:13 pm »
A member of Gamefaqs got the game early, some massive spoilers to follow. I'll separate them so you can pick and choose:

Another returning secondary character has been revealed, it is [spoiler]Pudding[/spoiler]

Another track has been revealed. This is NOT the final track, but it is a new franchise to the ASR series and it is [spoiler] a track named Burning Depths representing Burning Rangers. So Saturn fans get another franchise.[/spoiler]

Finally, the big final track IS [spoiler]called Race of Ages and it is a SEGA Tribute Level. The track has been described as: "a very cool "final stage" race "Race of Ages." The level is like a hologram and is filled with nods to all kinds of stuff such as full sized arcade cabinets and large statues of Ryo Hazuki, Akira Yuki, a Sega Master System, Saturn and Dreamcast. Puts Rainbow Road to shame."[/spoiler]

Not sure if the ultimate final character has been revealed yet. Doubt it, as we know there is one and it appears the Gamefaqs user has yet to unlock it.

Here is a link to the thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669064-sonic-and-all-stars-racing-transformed/64605090

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #422 on: November 12, 2012, 05:44:51 pm »
It's good to see another Saturn game to get represented, but is this really true. The House of the Dead track he describe doesn't sound right to me.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #423 on: November 12, 2012, 05:45:27 pm »
The stage roster is amazing

Character roster not so much sadly... sigh. Still sad how the character roster is a step back from the previous game.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #424 on: November 12, 2012, 05:49:45 pm »
So no Alex Kidd, Opa Opa or Ryo Hazuki?! Poor show!!
But everything else sounds great.
Made by SEGA

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #425 on: November 12, 2012, 06:21:17 pm »
Did this guy unlock all the characters bar the UFS one though? I am sure there are like...2 or 3 left before him from what S0L has said.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #426 on: November 12, 2012, 06:47:22 pm »
Yeah, there should be at least one more ultimate final character. However Steve seems to hint at more to come. Maybe DLC or timed unlocks or holiday themed additions.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #427 on: November 12, 2012, 07:39:35 pm »
So no Alex Kidd, Opa Opa or Ryo Hazuki?! Poor show!!
But everything else sounds great.

I agree, I'll miss all three of them. But I also look at them as characters that make the first game still very special and well worth playing even with the sequel coming out. Plus, we have three other awesome characters joining the roster: Gilius, Vyse and Joe Musashi.

At least we know that one of the non-returning awesome characters will cameo in a track.

I'm cool with Zobio & Zobiko, Jacky & Akira, the Chu Chus and the Bonanza Bros not returning. We know that at least two of them will cameo, and to be honest the Chu Chus and Bonanza Bros felt like wacky one offs, I never expected them to return.

Finally, I think a LOT of us can agree that Billy Hatcher is best left out, and I for one will not miss him.

---

So we lose 8 racers from the last game for 8 racers in this game.

[spoiler]
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
Ryo Hazuki
Opa Opa
Alex Kidd
Chu Chus
Bonanza Bros.
Jacky & Akira
Zobio & Zobiko
Billy Hatcher

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Vyse
Gilius Thunderhead
Joe Musashi
Gum*
MeeMee*
Pudding*
NiGHTS
Reala*

*and according to Sumo Digital they added these four characters AFTER SEGA decided the roster, so they were apparently developed outside of the allotted hours for character building. Explaining why they revamped Superstars Tennis models and gave them vehicles resembling their counterparts.
[/spoiler]

edit: photo of one of the new racers: http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b610/NathanAnthonyClark/WP_000758.jpg
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 07:42:16 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #428 on: November 12, 2012, 07:48:32 pm »
Welp, time for me to spill the beans on HotD track on the site.

Offline Truesonic

• Total Meseta: 0
    • Live Sega Game Stream
« Reply #429 on: November 12, 2012, 09:19:48 pm »
I checked in at Toys R Us today and they said they are getting it tomorrow. Apparently, Gamestop said they are getting it next week. So I'm going to buy it a Toys R Us tomorrow, hopefully.
SEGA Madness Stream: Join us for happy time! - http://www.twitch.tv/wolfpackcomms

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #430 on: November 12, 2012, 09:28:13 pm »
I checked in at Toys R Us today and they said they are getting it tomorrow. Apparently, Gamestop said they are getting it next week. So I'm going to buy it a Toys R Us tomorrow, hopefully.
For now on I'm going to pre-order my Sonic games through Toys R Us.

Also, Sumo stopped the dude from posting who the final character is. Nice move.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #431 on: November 12, 2012, 11:05:30 pm »

edit: photo of one of the new racers: http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b610/NathanAnthonyClark/WP_000758.jpg

I dont know why but seeing how much space visually Ralph and Danica take up of the roster really annoys me.  I don't care how many times Sumo insists they didn't replace any characters, it just doesn't feel/look right. 

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #432 on: November 13, 2012, 06:41:47 am »
Quite annoying that TRU in the US has released the game early whilst the world waits. :(

I am pretty hyped about the obscure track despite someone on another forum taking my correct guess (I pretty much said that's the most obscure game I could ever think of regarding SEGA)...welp...I am considering beating them in every race now.

[spoiler]My word....about half of the track roster is Sonic Team![/spoiler]

[spoiler]I am pretty surprised really as Burning Rangers is obscure, but since it's a Sonic Team game I expected more to know about it.[/spoiler]

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #433 on: November 13, 2012, 08:23:05 am »
I cancelled my Amazon pre-order. Screw this game.

Kidding. I cancelled my Amazon pre-order because it releases on Sunday, and there is little chance I'd get the game on Sunday. Delivery estimate was next Wednesday. Fuck dat. I'm hitting up the mall, TRU and Best Buy come Sunday to buy the game.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #434 on: November 13, 2012, 08:30:53 am »
Is there any truth that there are more characters then the one that was revealed yesterday and the UFC?  I heard that there were 2/3 more from the SEGA Forums (someone seems disappointed by something but won't spill the beans on the characters, so I wonder if the numbers are correct).

Edit: The guy who owns it says that there are 25 slots for the 360 version (including Avatars and the guests), so I am now thinking that the 22 Character Slot on the Wii U is correct.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:39:50 am by Nameless 24 »