Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 and many more...  (Read 36449 times)

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
Bayonetta 2 and many more...
« on: July 23, 2011, 01:45:10 pm »
 Don't ask for sources, take this as rumor, but believe me, it's true! :D

- Sega is developing a new Hatsune Miku game for the 3DS;
- Sega is developing a new Layton like game for the 3DS, announce coming in September, will be on TGS, but it's not a "mistery puzzle game"; it is a rythm action game;
- Shining Blade is supposed to be the official title for the next Shining series game. Developed for PSP, announce coming in October, release date stated to be next year February or March. Shining Hearts characters on Valkyria Chronicles system.
- Sega is developing Bayonetta 2 and also a CG movie for cinemas will be announced together;
- Sega will also announces Shining Hearts anime soon.

Plus, take a look on what the others companies are prepairing for us:

- Square Enix is developing The Warriors of Light 2 for the 3DS; they will also reveal in September that Dragon Quest 10 is actually a MMO.

- Capcom is developing Monster Hunter 3(tri) G for the 3DS. Announcing in September, playable at TGS.

- Sony will release PSVita this year in Japan, launching it with Monster Hunter 3rd P HD ver. It will be announced at TGS.

ps: YESS! My font color back!!:p
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 02:12:08 pm by STORM! »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Bayonetta 2 and many more...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 01:58:20 pm »
SEGA developing Bayonetta 2 or do you mean they are publishing it and Platinum Games are making it? With all due respect to SEGA, but their internal teams that can handle a game of Bayonetta 2's quality are all busy with other works (Unless AM2 magically finds an extra 100 or so employees) and I would not trust the remaining teams!

Although I am very interested in the CG movie thing but it is this that makes me question the validity of the claims, I know SEGA likes to take risks, but with a series that has only recently come out, why would SEGA take such a huge risk like that? If it was an animated series it's much more believable.

Offline STORM!

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 02:10:54 pm »
SEGA developing Bayonetta 2 or do you mean they are publishing it and Platinum Games are making it? With all due respect to SEGA, but their internal teams that can handle a game of Bayonetta 2's quality are all busy with other works (Unless AM2 magically finds an extra 100 or so employees) and I would not trust the remaining teams!

Although I am very interested in the CG movie thing but it is this that makes me question the validity of the claims, I know SEGA likes to take risks, but with a series that has only recently come out, why would SEGA take such a huge risk like that? If it was an animated series it's much more believable.

Since it's a Sega game, it does not really matters who is developing it, but I'm pretty sure it is Platinum Games developing. I'm not sure if it is a CG movie or a anime CG movie, but it's being made for cinemas/theaters, and you know that Sega has a big CG movie studio now. I believe on Bayonetta's potential, especially in Japan. It's also not clear if it is a full movie or a short one, like they did with Sonic last year (?) showing it exclusively on some theaters before a major movie, for free.  :-\

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 03:18:43 pm »
- Sega is developing a new Layton like game for the 3DS, announce coming in September, will be on TGS, but it's not a "mistery puzzle game"; it is a rythm action game

Why would they outsource it to SEGA of all people?  I also can't imagine a Layton rhythm game.

If the news about Bayonetta 2 is true, then I'm half-disappointed, half of me wanted more of Bayonetta's awesomness, but the other wanted a new IP in the vein of Okami from Kamiya, oh well, they have to build on their most successful game.

I thought an Anime will suit Bayonetta more than a CG movie.

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 03:34:01 pm »
Why would they outsource it to SEGA of all people?  I also can't imagine a Layton rhythm game.

"- Sega is developing a new Layton like game for the 3DS, announce coming in September, will be on TGS, but it's not a "mistery puzzle game"; it is a rythm action game"

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 03:51:59 pm »
Oh xD my bad then

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 04:46:11 pm »
The most interresting to me is that Dragon Quest will be an MMO...

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 06:34:22 pm »
Bayonetta has the potential to be a really huge character for SEGA, but they really need to establish a sequel sooner than later. I could not support a sequel more than I already do.

I also think Bayonetta has good potential for a CG or animated series, but a movie would be a bit of a strange choice I think.

I am very mixed on all of this 3DS support and another damn Shining cartoon, but it all seems extremely believable to me.

Offline STORM!

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 07:15:13 pm »
  Why the hell Sanus has a sign fullfiled with goodness??

I WANT ONE NOW!!! >:(

Yeah, another cheap and shit Shining cartoon series. Let's see if Sega has learned something with the flops of Shining Wind and World Destruction.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 07:28:04 pm »
I'm skeptical about this one, I could see Sega making a Bayonetta OVA or TV series as someone said, but theatrical release movie? Ehhhhhh... It might be possible, but it sounds like a miscommunication if that is true.

Would always love a sequel though.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 07:44:13 pm »
I truly hope this next installment of the Shining series gets a Western release. It's been a while since we've had one. :(
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 06:39:08 am »
This pretty much all sounds to good to be true.
Storm if you got this from 4Chan or any number Chan for that matter I'm not sure how much I can trust it.

Made by SEGA

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 12:15:22 pm »
everyone knows that storm gets all his info and pronz from 2chan.net

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 05:55:24 am »

Sega did the same thing with SHENMUE, they released a CGI movie derived from the cut scenes for limited release in Japan just before the second game in the "defunct" series came out. BAYONETTA is more popular than SHENMUE ever was in Japan so its plausable. The CGI team if they work on Sega IP releated stuff are usually used for creating film ride/shows for the Joypolis park.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 03:01:38 am »
- Capcom is developing Monster Hunter 3(tri) G for the 3DS. Announcing in September, playable at TGS.

- Sony will release PSVita this year in Japan, launching it with Monster Hunter 3rd P HD ver. It will be announced at TGS.

Something feels pretty coincidental that both 3DS and Vita are getting 3rd installments of a particular Monster Hunter series. Seems fairly plausible though.