Author Topic: Rise of Nightmares  (Read 16041 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Rise of Nightmares
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2011, 09:28:50 am »
LMAO

This commercial is hardcore!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-killer-rise-of/718898

They make fun of the average casual user Kinect ad and turn into something quite clever.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2011, 07:46:00 am »
If Sega kept doing this type of marketing adverts I'd feel they would have had better results on certain games. Too bad they didn't go down this route for their mature Wii titles.

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2011, 09:07:10 am »
Mad World and Overkill are not 'mature', more-so just gross and vulgar with a sense of humour only 15 year olds would appreciate. Only the most misleading advertisements would make those games appealing.

Rise of Nightmares on the otherhand goes for a sense of humour that normal people can appreciate, which is why the advertisement works. They can actually show what their game is and not repulse people. If anything, I think this is a good example of why SEGA should develop their own games and not outsource them to unprofessional developers.

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2011, 01:20:24 am »
23 minutes long of gameplay demo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2EibS_vXOQ#ws

Offline Trippled

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2011, 03:41:36 am »
The Producer of this was of the designers of the orginal HoTD.

The Fighting looks kinda sloppy.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2011, 05:35:39 am »
Mad World and Overkill are not 'mature', more-so just gross and vulgar with a sense of humour only 15 year olds would appreciate. Only the most misleading advertisements would make those games appealing.

Rise of Nightmares on the otherhand goes for a sense of humour that normal people can appreciate, which is why the advertisement works. They can actually show what their game is and not repulse people. If anything, I think this is a good example of why SEGA should develop their own games and not outsource them to unprofessional developers.
Those games were aimed at older gamers and not the standard family audience and 15 year olds wouldn't have been allowed to buy those games by themselves because if caught, the shop selling it to them would have been prosecuted.

The whole point of advertising is to get people to buy your games whether or not the game is any good. This advert is more in line to the older Sega adverts than the majority of the current Sega adverts.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2011, 08:16:59 am »
Mad World and Overkill are not 'mature', more-so just gross and vulgar with a sense of humour only 15 year olds would appreciate. Only the most misleading advertisements would make those games appealing

Good points, but Overkill did very well and so we'll be getting a sequel and tbh I think making Madworld for the Wii was a mistake in the 1st place .

Mind you while the adverts from both SOA and SOE are brilliant for Rise of the Nightmares the game will fall on it's ass for a couple of reasons ...  It's a game made more for the traditional gamer:they're not the ones jumping on the Kinect bandwagon sadly and more so it a Kinect Where anything other than a fun party 1 min to 10 min play time game,  is a Nightmare (pardon the pun) to control .
Nothing the Team can do about that.... its just the complete shitness of Kinect unit. Can't help but think the Team would have been better making HOTD 5 bringing out some cheap Plastic Light Gun for Kinect as well as porting HOTD IV in the same package.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2011, 09:56:24 am »
The game looks like a real blast. I hope this does well so more developers try their hand at more "Experience" based games on motion platforms instead of fitness games. I am getting really tired of seeing those.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2011, 10:37:46 am »
I'd love to see an "Experience" based game using the tech found in Your Shape Fitness Evolved (sorry to mention a workout game). It is the only game so far that accurately puts you into the game via the camera and a 3D mapping of your body. It's very cool looking, nearly 1:1 and would be great in a non-party, non workout title.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2011, 11:00:15 am »
My main thing is that fitness games and tech demoey stuff is flooding the motion controlled games market. It is really annoying because a lot of people into the industry just shrug it off and are passing up really cool technology that could do wonders for games.

I am not against fitness games, Your Shape Fitness Evolved is really cool, especially the art direction.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2011, 11:04:55 am »
I watched that 20+ video of the game. Wow, you know this is exactly what I wanted to see.

I've seen a lot of the ingame graphics and it's clear that this game engine is almost Wii-like and for a console that's capable of high-quality HD gaming, the visuals are indeed a bit dissapointing.

But I like this, because it indeed looks like a real video game on something that's meant to be a family-centered venture.

I see adventure games being played in this manner. Though from the footage, I couldn't tell how much stuff was actually gameplay or just scripted events. There's a lot of both there.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2011, 05:05:30 am »
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/rise-of-nightmares/critic-reviews

Reviewers have not been to kind, three 4/10 Reviews, and 2 of the 3 Major Gaming Sites gave it a below average score.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2011, 05:53:08 am »
Damn, I was expecting better reviews.
They seem to have a consensus, that it does show that you can indeed have a somewhat real video game experience playing the Kinect without feeling like a bunch of small mini-games where you sorta wave your arms.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2011, 06:50:51 am »
that doesn't mean the game is crap though. maybe it would have gotten a better score if it was done by EA.